Another newbie.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dan208, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Apr 18, 2008 #1

Dan208

Dan208

Dan208

Hi all. I've been surfing this site for a few weeks and finally decided to register. A little about myself. I'm 28 and will be married for 7 years this August. We have a beautiful one and a half year old daughter. I've been working at the same warehouse for 8 years now and I work weekends so we don't have to have daycare. We live in a small town in Kansas and I've been on the volunteer fire department for 6 years. I enjoy spending time with my family, reading, and working out.

I came to this forum because we are in the process of remodeling our house. It's just over 1000 square feet with a detatched one car garage and decent sized yard. I'm not the handiest person in the world, but I can do simple repairs like changing outlets and switches, changing faucets, and calling a real repair person to fix what I screw up.:D I'll probably be asking quite a few questions so bear with me. I really like the site. It seems like there are a lot of really knowledgable people here.

Dan

2. Apr 18, 2008 #2

handyguys

handyguys

handyguys

Welcome - One bit of advice. get involved in discussions you start and give feedback on what worked for you and what didn't.

3. Apr 18, 2008 #3

glennjanie

glennjanie

glennjanie

Welcome Dan:
    Remember a picture is worth a thousand words. We can give more help when we can see the problem.
    Glenn

4. Apr 18, 2008 #4

inspectorD

inspectorD

inspectorD

Housebroken Staff Member Admin Moderator

Yup, just a casual crowd here. We usually just pull a chair up to the fire, so don't put it out. This is where the ideas come from.:rolleyes:
    Jump in anytime with questions or experiences, we love to help out.:)

5. Apr 19, 2008 #5

Square Eye

Square Eye

Square Eye

yep :)
    welcome