Brinkman Smoker Mod

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

oldognewtrick

I have one of those little el cheapo brinkman smokers that has seen its fair share of use. After reading on some smoking sites about mods you can do, I've bitten the bullet and started an upgrade to this handy and inexpensive little smoker. I found a pan to use on the bottom that the legs will attach to so I can control air intake. I cut out a damper for the top to regulate exhaust. I also have an old grill frame that will be its new home, once the mods are complete and the old grill is removed. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained

View attachment image.jpg

I am curious of this. I have the same one.

Didn't get anything done over the weekend, thought I would. Back on it tonite.

Where did you get the parts and what did it cost you to do?

The bottom pan was 12 bucks, I fab'd the top damper out of some flat sheet stock, I bought a weber smokey joe charcoal grate to use in the bottom for 9. That's all ill have in it plus a lil grill paint.

Oh yeah, I'm looking for a stove gasket to fit arond the lid to keep the smoke in.

Cut down the top frame and moved the shelves over closer to the smoker. Mounted the legs upside down to raise it up a little so the oldog don't have to bend over so much. Fab'd up a shelf support that I'll put a piece of something on to have a platform for the lil Brinkman.

View attachment Smoker1.jpg

View attachment Smoker2.jpg

Looks good but your pics are the size of a pencil eraser.

Looking good, can't wait til you try it out and see if it is better.

Wish I didn't melt half my smoker away last time I smoked. It needs some love now.

Back