Funny Pictures and stories....

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10986950_768722353208145_3834646316553346942_n.jpg

This is Layla, she is the town dog, goes where she wants is fed by everybody and has 2 vet clinics on speed dial if needed.
traffic goes around her, and when ever I pick up a prescription, she demands her ears scratched,

just a glimpse at small town mississippi life

typical, women do not know how to use a grill.

they got the oven thing covered, but the grill is above a womans paygrade

tell her to go make some tater salad and you will burn the meat next time

[[then run,,,when she throws something!!!!f.gif]]

Did your wife keep the barbecue too close to the wall?

My brother did that once and we have vinyl siding. Melted it a bit. I think we have enough spare pieces that we could cover it up though. I just need to get them out of the barn. They are up on the loft and I don't think it will hold me if I try to go up there. Probably gonna have to get a ladder and a grabber arm thingy.

Frodo, the only time I ever touch the oven is to clean it. I'm actually afraid to lean into it. I guess its from reading Hansel and Gretel. Ok, and the time my arm touched the side when it was hot. Never reached into an oven again. yeah, I'm a wuss.

I'd love to see the look on Chris' wife's face if he said that to her though. :p

Last edited:
Did your wife keep the barbecue too close to the wall?

My brother did that once and we have vinyl siding. Melted it a bit. I think we have enough spare pieces that we could cover it up though. I just need to get them out of the barn. They are up on the loft and I don't think it will hold me if I try to go up there. Probably gonna have to get a ladder and a grabber arm thingy.

Frodo, the only time I ever touch the oven is to clean it. I'm actually afraid to lean into it. I guess its from reading Hansel and Gretel. Ok, and the time my arm touched the side when it was hot. Never reached into an oven again. yeah, I'm a wuss.

I'd love to see the look on Chris' wife's face if he said that to her though. :p

you dont cook? all kidding aside.
I like to cook, its fun, making stuff.

my dad and I used to have red beans and rice cook offs

he cheated and used deer sausage. won hands down

I would blame it on the person that put it there not the cook. The house we bought had the siding melted right by the main door. The realtor said I don’t know what would cause that. That’s when I stopped believing anything he said. I had some garage rafter siding too for replacement but with the fading it was way off so I took some off the back of the house and replaced it with the leftover stuff from the garage and then used the faded stuff to fix the melted stuff. My grill is now 6 feet from the house.

She forgot that I pull the grill away from the house to cook. I was running late getting home from work so she decided to get it started for me, turned it on high and let it warm up. The whole thing caught fire. I guess I need to send her to BBQ school

you dont cook? all kidding aside.
I like to cook, its fun, making stuff.

my dad and I used to have red beans and rice cook offs

he cheated and used deer sausage. won hands down

I don't like cooking. My brother is much better at it, but he sucks at home repair stuff.

typical, women do not know how to use a grill.

they got the oven thing covered, but the grill is above a womans paygrade

Nope, don't agree as the wife does the grilling at our house. Grilling is still cooking and cooking is her job.

We've been married for 38 years and over that time have negotiated who's responsible for what. General rules are inside the house = her job. Outside the house = my job. That makes cooking, cleaning, laundry, decorating, etc all her jobs. Maintaining the vehicles, cutting grass, clearing snow, etc all my jobs.

Where it gets tricky is when the inside/outside rule is waived. For instance if the washing machine breaks down, fixing or replacing it is my job even though it's inside the house, because all mechanical maintenance is mine, whether inside or out.

So..........I use the fine print to interpret grilling as her job even though it's outside because technically it's cooking.

Hope that clears things up. :D

Frodo, I think I recognize that picture of the flooded bathroom from one of the documents about changes to plumbing in Louisiana.

11742740_10154010002559867_7121445642605832044_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back