Garage Tilting

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think blocks would be fine if that’s how you want to go I would still pour a footing first though on undisturbed and tamped earth.

So i straightened the garage today. Its not perfect but its close enough. Its also a bit off because the left corner is jacked up still. Tomorrow Im going to start digging the holes for the blocks and get those set.

IMG_20160516_162746.jpg

IMG_20160516_162812.jpg

IMG_20160516_162823.jpg

IMG_20160516_162759.jpg

The photos look a little like a sketch I saw about 200 posts ago. ;)

Nice work :clap: you might have to stick around here and become the new building jacking expert. Just make sure you get some good structure in there solid for diagonal bracing before you let the tension off the pulls.

Again looks promising and you are doing a great job with the photos. :beer:

Did you use that car jack for your lift? I have one just about like that I have used with poles to straighten things up from time to time.

The photos look a little like a sketch I saw about 200 posts ago. ;)

Nice work :clap: you might have to stick around here and become the new building jacking expert. Just make sure you get some good structure in there solid for diagonal bracing before you let the tension off the pulls.

Again looks promising and you are doing a great job with the photos. :beer:

Did you use that car jack for your lift? I have one just about like that I have used with poles to straighten things up from time to time.

I used bottle jacks to lift the building and I used that other jack to push the bottom left to the right. I layed the jack side ways and it seem to work well.

So the garage is straight and stable. Its not perfectly level but its close enough. My next task is going to rebuild the front and back garage door and make it 10 times stronger. The way it is now is a joke. After that I will be figuring out how to make the roof stronger.

Back