Gutter Covers

Discussion in 'Roofing and Siding' started by travelover, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Jan 28, 2008 #1

travelover

travelover

travelover

Has anyone found a gutter cover that really works? I have large white pine trees (long needles) as well as a variety of deciduous trees that surround my house and my gutters get full easily.

My house is a colonial with a walk out basement , so the roof is 3 stories up from the backside - hate climbing up there.

2. Jan 29, 2008 #2

CraigFL

CraigFL

CraigFL

I've always been interested by these but never actually purchased/installed them:

http://www.rainhandler.com/shop/index.php

We have a lot of pine trees in FL and they seem to clog just about anything....

3. Jan 21, 2009 #3

travelover

travelover

travelover

Hmmmm, three posts and three recommendations for the same product. I smell a spammer. :mad:

4. May 20, 2011 #4

pompidoi

pompidoi

pompidoi

There's Amerimax, you can try that one. I had that before bec it's easy to install and fits my budget. However, after a year I had issues with it. I tried out the ones from Hallett and so far it's getting the job done. I also make sure to clean it regularly, and I never had problems.

5. May 22, 2011 #5

joecaption

joecaption

joecaption

I tryed everything from cheap slid in ones to $17.00 a ft. stanless steel fine wire mesh, Starling at $10.00 a ft. The only thing I find works with pine needles is to cut down the trees near the house.

6. May 28, 2011 #6

bporter

bporter

bporter

yes they do work there are a few different types i prefur the gutter helmet you can find these at your siding supply house the also make some that look like a big sponge that you just put in you gutter and they keep the leaves out and let the water in its a simple idea and is probably alot less than the gutter helmet and the install is much easer

7. May 29, 2011 #7

Rock16

Rock16

Rock16

I like the leaf relief system.

8. Jun 5, 2011 #8

911handyman

911handyman

911handyman

I found no gutter cover that actually works. Gutters are a maintenance item you just need to stay on it.

9. Aug 29, 2011 #9

garyholt

garyholt

garyholt

This is my first time on this site and I'd like to add that I believe GutterGlove to be in the top two or three Gutter Guards available. I've used at least five different guards over the years and we recently were hit with a major hail storm that tore our Leaf Releaf Gutter Guards up. I went on line and was looking for a source for Leaf Relief and came across some UTube videos showing GutterGlove. This company has finally manufactured a product that truly performs. That's my two cents.