House Building Questions

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Building new construction now has too many unknown variables related to labor and supplies which nobody in my area is willing to commit to providing pricing for.

I';m not entering in to any project on a blank check basis without knowing the approximate cost is going to be, so I'm out.

I have a cash budget I need to stay in and I think the best use of funds is to find a home already built even if I have to move to a different area of the state to do so.

I've been looking on Realtor.com and I'm finding some very nice homes that are move in ready that are less then what my budget is so this is kinda no brainer especially considering I can get on with my life and not have to message with all the hassles of trying to build something new.

I hear you and don't blame you, but every time I think of buying used again, I think of all the ways the builders screwed this place up, which I would make sure wasn't part of a new build.

Yep, and that's why before I buy I want to have a reputable foundation guy check it out as well as electrician and plumbing inspection.

I know it can be a gamble but at this point I need to live within my means.... unless I hit that power ball lottery! Then, I'd buy something to live in now while building a new barndominium.

But, I can't bank on that lottery cause all those other people playing keeps messin up mu chances of winning!

Yep, and that's why before I buy I want to have a reputable foundation guy check it out as well as electrician and plumbing inspection.

I know it can be a gamble but at this point I need to live within my means.... unless I hit that power ball lottery! Then, I'd buy something to live in now while building a new barndominium.

But, I can't bank on that lottery cause all those other people playing keeps messin up mu chances of winning!
Yeah, but I'm not even talking about the basics. I inherited a Cathedral ceiling, so the living room is almost impossible to keep cool... They put the furnace vent a foot off the ground, but it can snow 5 feet, so that has to be dug out if there's a storm... There's other nitpicky things that irritate me, so I have all the plans for my next place... I would have done my build a while ago if the interest rates weren't Psychotic..

I never get a number in the Powerball or Mega Millions, so that's not an option.

Yep, I'll be picky about stuff such as that... I've learned quite a bit from the comments on this forum by those knowledgeable on the details

Back