Improper plumbing & trying to remodel bathroom/laundry

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

zannej

Reaction score
Ron Van, I use the pro version. I just splurged and got some of Fredo's plugins but I need to install them. I'm still terrible at lining up the pipes in sketchup though.
I just got completely distracted by one of my cats running around the room like a nutjob. He's now hollering at me.
Anyway, upon further research I discovered that the suds relief rule is obsolete with the newer front-load machines. My revised sketch:
1663869812146.png
And I can use these for where the pipes go through exterior walls: Low Profile Master Flash®

zannej

Reaction score
How far is the toilet from the main vent stack?
~5' and it has to be within 6'. But I can run it to the wall a little bit closer and then branch over (as I don't want to conflict with water supply lines and other stuff).
I'm starting to think rather than adding 45s to the vent or drain on the lav I can jut push it all the way through the wall and have a membrane designed specifically for pipes going through exterior walls. Low Profile Master Flash® and then have it go under the house. I can wrap the exposed drain part in insulation.

One concern I have about connecting to that vent is that I think it is only 2" (if it is that large) and if I am reading the rules properly, it can only handle 6dfu and I'd be putting 8 dfu on it. However, the shower will never be run while the laundry is running so the max that would be running at one time is 5. (toilet and washing machine are 3dfu each and tub is 2dfu). It's unlikely the toilet would be flushed while the shower is running. I could be mistaken on the max dfu for a 2" vent though.