Last post wins.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell him what you just told us. We can't fix the past only control the future.

Well he left my house this morning to go spend the weekend with my sister up in the mountains. Soon after he got there he collapsed and hit his head on the wall. He is now in the er with low oxygen and congestive heart failure. They are keeping him for a bit. Worst part is that this is the same hospital and doctors that misdiagnosed my mom when she died.

I really think that caring for elderly parents is a tougher job than raising kids. With kids you can see the joy of learning new things and their youthful innocence. Looking at my mom, I see the pain that comes with some debilitating disease of old age, struggling with day to day life, the confusion, the loneliness. It breaks my heart that there's nothing I can do but try the best I can and visit.

Sorry to hear about your dad Chris.

I went to visit my 93 y/o aunt recently in a rehab hospital, where she is recovering from a broken hip, yep, from a fall 2 weeks ago. She looked at me shaking her head and asked, "I just don't know why I am still alive." Kinda ripped at my heart. She also told my sister that she wanted the doctor who gives the shots to put you asleep to come visit her. She was referring to Dr. Kevorkian.

We go down to check on my MIL very other weekend. She is healthy, but you can see signs of the dementia that runs in the family. My wife's grandmother and great grandmother both lived into their 90s, but lost reality in their 80s.

I'm sorry to hear about your father, Chris. I've had some elderly friends who were like family to me who passed away in the last few years. It was really hard watching them deteriorate.

Dementia is particularly bad. The good news is, they seem to be on to a cure-- bad news is, they may not have it available for the general populace for a very long time. And then some will probably not be able to afford it.

"Turn out the lights, the party's over."

I hear Prince died from an opiate overdose. Everyone said he despised drugs. Well, for everyone except him.

....zactly! Folks still think he walked on water. Not me.

He would have made a good politician or preacher. Do as I say, not as I do.

He would have made a good politician or preacher. Do as I say, not as I do.

He actually did a lot of preaching. There was a video of Kevin Smith talking about filming a video for him. Basically said the dude was totally nuts and not an appreciative or terribly nice guy. Said he missed something important because he stuck around for Prince's BS and then not only didn't get paid for the project, but he didn't even get a "thank you". He told it with a sense of humor and all, and he seems to have had respect for the guy, but it sounds to me like he was a douchewaffle.

Someone closed the wrong thread. If this one was closed, I could win.:Sabrefight:

Speaking of winning, one of my brother's Facebook friends posted an article about some woman claiming something was sexist and my brother said that the article failed to convincingly show that something was sexist.

So people were debating back and forth and then someone accused him of "mansplaining" and then basically said that because he was a man he had no business joining in the conversation and he needed to "sit down and shut up" and when he said that it was sexist of her to say that because of his genitals his opinion was invalid, she started calling him "transphobic" and making completely illogical leaps. It was amusing but disturbing at the same time. So, now he's trolling her just for fun with very long-winded posts.

Knock, knock, who's here? No one, I win.

:Sabrefight:

Latest posts

Back