Last post wins.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arm crank windows? Do they still make those? I'm also wondering if any new cars come without A/C these days?

In my ordering process on my new truck. Window cranks are still an option but ac is standard equipment now,

If I could have my dream car made, it would have an arm crank to open windows in case of emergency-- and it would also be able to operate as a boat if things flooded.

Those are awesome!

Wish I could say my luck held out-- although I was lucky in my lack of luck. The last few times I started the new truck it took longer to turn over and I had to keep putting in the code for the navigation system. So, when I went to pick up my brother, I said I wanted to swing by Autozone to ask my friend to check the battery. Not only was it barely putting out anything, but it actually died right there in the parking lot while hooked up to the meter. I had to buy a new battery and we still don't even have the title yet.

I wish my mother had let me negotiate, because I told the dealer I wanted a new battery put in it, but he insisted the battery was fine. The lucky part was that it didn't die until I was in the Autozone parking lot and my friend put the new battery in for me.

Those are awesome!

Wish I could say my luck held out-- although I was lucky in my lack of luck. The last few times I started the new truck it took longer to turn over and I had to keep putting in the code for the navigation system. So, when I went to pick up my brother, I said I wanted to swing by Autozone to ask my friend to check the battery. Not only was it barely putting out anything, but it actually died right there in the parking lot while hooked up to the meter. I had to buy a new battery and we still don't even have the title yet.

I wish my mother had let me negotiate, because I told the dealer I wanted a new battery put in it, but he insisted the battery was fine. The lucky part was that it didn't die until I was in the Autozone parking lot and my friend put the new battery in for me.

Thats typical with used cars. Also explains the jump starter left in it. They get traded in and then go to auction and sit here and there, the batteries die and they get them alive long enough to get them off their lot.

Thats typical with used cars. Also explains the jump starter left in it. They get traded in and then go to auction and sit here and there, the batteries die and they get them alive long enough to get them off their lot.

Ah! That explains it. I'll know to ask for a new battery in the next vehicle I buy that was sold at auction.

I think I finally won the battle with Hertz. I just have to wait for them to refund the deposit on the rental and hope they don't call me again. Idiots thought I had rented a second car from them even though there was no rental agreement for it and they refused to let me rent another one. They assured me that I would get my deposit back from the 14th and onward and that I wouldn't get any more calls.

My Dodge Ram has heated seats and all that power junk. It's pretty nice. My work truck has arm crank windows and a plastic floor, on seat heaters are my butt.

it is very easy to add seat heaters to just about any vehicle. they sell them for about 50 bucks on amazon. I put them in the tj jeep

I thought about doing that to my new work truck but really it rarely gets cold enough around here to worry about it.

If you get any more calls, tell them to talk to your lawyer, Willye,Screwem and Often...:p

LOL. I've always heard "Willy, Screwem, and Howe" instead.

Heated seats are not just for cold weather. If you have back pain, putting a heating pad in the lumbar part can help.

mustang, I thought of you earlier. Friend of mine was seriously thinking of trading in his truck for a mustang he saw at a dealership. He would have seriously gone for it, but when he went to test drive it, it wouldn't start. I think it was an '06 mustang-- red with black stripe down the back.

Holee sheeott. Where did this go?

I like carrots, especially carrot salad with raisins.

Ooh, carrots sound good about now.
I am going to have fun at a pediatric dental office today. And by fun, I mean I'm going to be annoyed as hell.

Latest posts

Back