Looking to make a waterproof deck

Discussion in 'General Home Improvement Discussion' started by boobou69, May 9, 2008.

1. May 9, 2008 #1

boobou69

boobou69

boobou69

Hey guys...

Thanks for all the tips, great site!!!!!

Heres the problem....a balcony 16' x 17' (272 sq. ft) raised 8 feet above ground level (stone patio underneath). I want the balcony to be completely waterproof (no water passes through) so i can close the underside of the patio with soffit.
    so far i have found this product; hxxp://www.squaredecko.com/squaredecko/en/profile/

it is +/- 8$ sq.ft

I was thinking ,maybe a fiberglass kit....but i can't find one anywhere....

thanks.....

boobou69

2. May 9, 2008 #2

inspectorD

inspectorD

inspectorD

Housebroken Staff Member Admin Moderator

I have never used the product you have no link to. But Lowes and other lumber yards sell fiberglass roof panels and drain systems for decks. Good luck in your search.

3. May 10, 2008 #3

Big Al

Big Al

Big Al

I waterproofed a balcony for my mom in-law over 6 years ago. I started with 3/4" pressure treated plywood, covered it with ice shield, ran 3/4" 1x4 pressure treated lathe strips every 16" parellel to the house and finished with 5/4 1x6 Trex. Thier were challenges with the rail system. I was able to seal it after reapeted attempts. I'm there for all holidays and birthdays and she would tell me if something was wrong.