Mark Wood Custom Carpentry

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like you've been busy Mark...:rockin:

I have until this week. Monday was the only day I made any money we cut stumps out of my yard the rest of the week. I hate haveing help on payroll when im not makin any thing, but atleast we got some work done at the wood camp. Maybe next week will be better startin out monday with a little interior paint work.

I hate it too, I have had a guy at my house for a month now, got a bunch of stuff done but it costs.

ouch........

I learned my lesson a couple years ago. I put one in the end of my thumb that went past the knuckle climbing down off some brick scaffold. ER and 4 stitches. I used it to make a stair stringer after it dried out. :D

I have what you call man hands. Very rarely do I wear gloves even doing concrete all day. I did actually get a blister for the first time in years a few weeks back after jackhammering all day which was after a few weeks in the office. I am one of those guys that women don't want to get near my hands, I can tear jeans with them.

I have what you call man hands. Very rarely do I wear gloves even doing concrete all day. I did actually get a blister for the first time in years a few weeks back after jackhammering all day which was after a few weeks in the office. I am one of those guys that women don't want to get near my hands, I can tear jeans with them.

My hands are the same way, I very rarely wear gloves for anything but the wife digs it so no lotion for me!

Mine doesn't complain either, only time I use lotion is after a day of concrete work, that stuff seems to dry them out a bit.

Winter time cold is brutal on hands! Maybe a little lotion then

If theres anyone out there in the north georgia area with carpentar/painting skills that needs a job I have a spot open.

If you pay for travel time I will be there, I am pretty good with everything hence being a contractor and all. I work cheap as long as you buy the beer.

Better bring your hard hat if you're going to work with mark. :D

If you pay for travel time I will be there, I am pretty good with everything hence being a contractor and all. I work cheap as long as you buy the beer.

travel time aint in the budget!

One of these days I am going to take a road trip and work along the way. That way it doesn't cost me much.

One of these days I am going to take a road trip and work along the way. That way it doesn't cost me much.

And tell them your name is Jose Martinez and you won't have to pay taxes either...:eek:

But seriously does nobody want to work!!!

You just figured out what we came to realize about 8 years ago. You can't find a sober, dependable, honest, employee that will show up on time and do their job. It's the biggest issue we face as a contractor. We have 3 hispanic roofing crews that work twice as hard as any American crew we ever had and make about 5 times as much with a fraction of the issues we use to have, it's a sad testiment to the state of the available labor pool. Sorry.

I know it just sux that we have to depend on the illegals for hard workin folks. Most americans want food stamps and obama care.........

Latest posts

Back