Mark Wood Custom Carpentry

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the new construction I've been in around here I see the ceiling seams running in a line. When I do wall scans with the infrared camera, I usually can find the seams all running straight. But it might be a California thing with earthquake requirements.

We have Chiggers and Ticks, y'all have earthquakes...:p

Ill keep my chiggers and ticks and they can have there earthquakes! Seems we got the better end of that deal!?

Ill keep my chiggers and ticks and they can have there earthquakes! Seems we got the better end of that deal!?

I don't know how anyone would dislike earthquakes more than I hate chiggers...:(

Yeah, in California, ceilings are staggered to provide the most strength. Also, the walls run horizontal with staggered seams for the same reason. Problem is the short sides of the drywall are not tapered, which show a raised edge after taping unless you are a mud master, which I am not. In any case, that is a great job Mark.

In the basement of a half a mil $ house :rockin:

This is a different basement I just started last monday.

Birthday? Party? Cake? Where's my invite?

Oh yeah...Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday Mark!

We'll, come on over and the mrs will get a cake, we'll invite all the members of Garage Talk, get Chris to bring some home brew and have a big time...as long as I'm in bed by 9.

Before I commit, what kind of cake?

Ok big boy, partys over, I'm going to bed. Hope you had a good one.

It was good. I scored a $216 head gasket set for the yota and a new international harvester hat. We ended the day at cracker barrell with family and freinds and choclate cake and icecream.

Also replaced 22 pcs of siding. And replaced all of the drip cap and 1x12 trim boards above the brick.

Latest posts

Back