Mark Wood Custom Carpentry

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hows the roads in Georgia? We've just got 36* and spitting sleet/rain.

Roads look pretty bad from what I can see and im told there bad all over DOT has been by and plowed some but it doesnt do much good with the heavy sleet thats falling. I have had two customers want me to bring them a load of fire wood today but I toldem it wasnt happening today. These people around here are slack when it comes to proper preperation......thats alot of the reason why Ga gets so jammed up when this happens noone knows how to prepare.

And were @ 30* and heavy sleet. Sleet and snow is expected to fall until 5AM. So........tomorrow aint lookin much better for road travel.

Nope just wide open as a case knife in a bar fight!

Just got a check off a good sized job, went and cashed it now I'm sittin at my desk figuring up payroll and material............I have decided that a man could make a real fine livin if he didnt have to pay his help and material bill...............

Well, when you buy watermelons for a $1.00 and sell them for .99, you have to do a LOT of volume to make up the difference....

I actually came out pretty good on this one but I did pay a lot out to get it. I know its the name of the game and I did the work for another contractor and one never makes as much working as a sub..........

Now see, I charge contractors the same price I charge a homeowner. All the contractors we work for use us for slate, tile, high end shingles and metal roofing. We have a LOT more job trips than when we just go in and re-roof. Trip time, set-up all costs money and effects the bottom line. Should charge contractors more when I think about it...

still trying to figure out this pricing game...............probably should charge the contractors more!:cool:

Here's something I've been drilling into a painting contractor/friend of mine. You have to pay your help, materials, figure in overhead of office, phone, pay yourself and you also have to add proffit for the company. Just paying yourself does not make the company money. I see more and more small business fail, not because they charge to much, but because they charge to little. Just my :2cents:

Sometimes I think I made good money but then I pay all my overhead bills and realize I should charge more.

Latest posts

Back