Moms jeep

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow moms jeep got put on the back burner. I have remodeled the house, redid the entire back yard, working on the mountain house, put fuel injection on the FIL jeep all while this one sits on jack stands in the garage with a days worth of work to be back on its own wheels.

Must be.

I guess it will just wait til winter.

Speaking of projects I finally towed the yota to the shop this past saturday. I got tired of it sitting on the trailer in the yard havent heard anything about it yet but atleast im not lookin at it.

Jeep is still on the back burner. At 110 out working in the garage is the last thing on my mind. I have decided to put AC in the garage tho. Looking at Mini Split units now.

A mini split for the garage is a great way to cool down things in the garage.

Thats it?

It's about 72 here today............

In my office.

Chris...look up. I just had my TV go to an emergency alert. There is a flash flood in Winchester right now, headed your way.

I didn't get any fun floods or nothing...must be only for you rich folks.

Yup us rich folks in the cheapest town in So Cal. My house cost as much as your car.

Now onto the jeep, It was about 4-5 months ago when I was finally able to pull it into the garage and get some work done. I got the front arms finished up and put them on. Got my steering built and on, it is a mix of grand cherokee V* parts and stock with a tie rod flip on the driver side to give it a little more clearance. Also got the NP 231 Tcase built and installed the AA Slip yoke eliminator.

I won a set of JK bumpers at a local offroad event and was able to sell them for 1800 so I decided to sink that cash into a new set of wheels and tires, ended up going with 33 10.50 R15 BFG Mud terrains.

I have a set of 3" lift soft ride Skyjacker rear springs, a gas tank skid and shackle relocation brackets to put on the rear before I can make new driveshafts, than it is hopefully on the road for some testing.

It has been sitting so long it won't start, I need to pull the carb and clean it up at some point.

Also a buddy of mine bought a wrecked 98 Cherokee for parts for his so I stole the newer seats out of it for mine, they are gonna look nice but I have to do some unibody work first as they has different mounts. I bought a set of indiglo dash faces which of course I screwed one up on installation so instead of buying a new set I got all new LED lights for the dash that light it up real nice. Makes it look like a much newer vehicle.

The only thing I am contemplating for the future is a motor swap. I would love a V6 or V8 with an auto trans. I know I would be more enticed to drive it more so I will toss that around for maybe next year.

View attachment IMG_3774.JPG

View attachment IMG_2504.JPG

View attachment IMG_3773 (1).JPG

View attachment IMG_3775 (1).JPG

View attachment IMG_3859 (1).JPG

Damn, that's nice. I need to find me one.

Latest posts

Back