My new shop

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crackerbox

Reaction score
I figured it was time to post some progress. It's 36'x36' with a 12' wide full length lean to on each side. Stick built, comp roof, sheet rocked and insulated with a 12' 2" inside ceiling height to clear a 2 post hoist that's 11' 10". There's a 12'x12' foot storage room at the end of one of the lean to's. It has (I should say will have) 3 phase power to run my mill and lathe. Two 10'x10' garage doors. It's just for playing with Street Rods.

View attachment 041.jpg

View attachment 045.jpg

View attachment 017.jpg

View attachment 041 (2).jpg

View attachment 127.jpg

Wow! Complements the house. Love the scenery, where abouts are you?

I sure wish I had that view from my back yard.

Wow, that is nice! With the snow and hills in the first pictures, I was guessing the rockies in Colorado, Wyoming or Montana. Very nice setting.

Wow, nice! Its more than nice, just not sure what else to say...

What lake is that?

Thank you for all the complements. Its Curlew Lake and those are the Kettle Crest Mountains in the distance.

Yes, on the edge of the city limits, but still in Kelowna. If you make it up this way, let me know, we could meet if you like. Or come to the house, if you know Ktown much, we are out Lakeshore road, near the end, go through Mission, stay on the main road, past the Vineyards/Wineries, and on the right side of the road, the lighted, brown brick posts mark the end of the driveway. Numbers are down right now sorry, but a give away is the fresh patches of asphault on the road, that's my driveway. The constructioon guys damaged the road and had to repair it a couple days ago, its very obvious. If the gates open just drive in, if its closed the silver box on the left has an intercom to the house, if I am not home it goes to my cellular. If you fish, or golf, bonus, bring your clubs, no need to bring rods, we have a dozen. If you get to the end of the road, yes its a dead end, turn around and drive back maybe a half mile or less.

Where was your hidden front door key and the combination to your safe again?

Sounds like a great place for the next Garage Retreat Forum Annual Picnic. How many can we sleep there?

Kelownas about 2 1/2 hours north. We were up there several times earlier this year.

He is only about 24 hours north of here.

Back