My new shop

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like your color choice. Do you have any plans for the exposed concrete footings?

Crackerbox, very nice, its like a second home. To the left side, looking from the front, is it a seperated area inside behind the man door. Sorry as I am viewing currently only on my phone, the picture is small and detail is hard to see. I am out right now, just waiting briefly for the lady to return with my paddle. I will look again later from home.

Here's some shots to kind of help. The area inside the main shop to the left (looking from the front) will be my machine shop/fab area. In the one shot looking out from inside, there will be a weld bench butted to the wall between the man door and the center garage door. I have a mig and a tig. The tig will sit on the bench and the mig is on a cart and will sit at the end so I can wheel it over if I need to. There will be a couple of benches and grinders and pedestal mounted shrinker/stretchers in the area from the front wall back underneath the windows and then the mill and the lathe will be along that side wall where there aren't any windows. The little storage area at the back of the left side lean to will get a slab floor when they pour Wednesday and then the wall can get built with another man door in it. We dug out two 36" x 36" areas where the posts for the hoist will be along the opposite wall about half way in from the right side garage door where the concrete will be a little thicker. As a side note, we used "crusher fines" to backfill inside and then ran a compactor over it and when we dug those two areas out we had to use a pick ax it was set up like concrete.

View attachment 051.jpg

View attachment 021.jpg

View attachment 044 (2).jpg

View attachment 050.jpg

View attachment cracker build milling the keel resized 2.jpg

NICE real NICE,

Can you give us a pic of the shop and house in one from a distance please.

Keep us posted on your progress.

When do we get to see the Toys?

Very nice, you did a wonderful job, may it serve you well, for a long time.

One day........I will have a shop too.

Its hard to get back enough to get it because it sits on a hill. I took this this morning from about a half mile away on full zoom. Wasn't too sure if it would come out. There's about 9 Mule Deer just out of the picture to the right. One got in there.

View attachment full shot resized.jpg

Can I come hunt on your property?

Your homestead is like a beautiful Postcard!

In Texas, the first thing they do is pour the slab. Of course, we don't do footers, we do pier and beam concrete runs and the top part of the p and b engineering becomes the floor...

Some of the outside and one of the inside before we rocked it. I sure didn't take any pictures of the inside while I was wiring and I should have. I ran quite a bit of 220 circuits, both 50 amp for the welders and 30 amp for the air compressor and the future two post hoist. I also installed an industrial selector box and I'm wiring in tow separate three phase convertors, one for the mill and one for the lathe. I had the chance to pick up the second convertor pretty cheap so I did. I put a bunch of blow in insulation up in the ceiling and I put in a brand new Heatilator brand woodstove. I'm very happy with the heat situation. It was 19 below zero just a couple of days ago and the stove has no trouble heating it up in no time and will run you out. I bought one of those blue air line kits and I have it about half up. It says to run a complete loop all the war around so that's what I'll probably end up doing. For right now i just bought the starter kit and it comes with 100' of air line so I was just going to run over to the weld bench and make sure it's big enough. I went with the half inch line and it just seems small, but the I bought a new auto air reel at Sears this last week with 50' of hose and it's only 3/8" in line so maybe it will be just fine. We'll see.

View attachment DSC03368.jpg

View attachment DSC03369.jpg

View attachment DSC03373.jpg

View attachment DSC03370.jpg

It was nice this morning and the sun was out so I thought I'd snap an updated pic. Now it's like a full fledged blizzard out. Suppose to get quite a bit of snow through today and tomorrow. I guess winter isn't over just yet.

View attachment DSC03740.jpg

Bout time for someone to stop back with an update...don't ya think?

Yep. I was thinking the same thing. Well, with such a beautiful garage, maybe Crackerbox didn't want to rub our noses in it? ;)

Wow! Great garage! I love the carports on the side. I also love the car. That is a thing of beauty.

Back