New home owner in TX checking in

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
so i finally bought my first home last week and have a laundry list of things to do already. i'm really looking forward to it, i actually really like any kind of restoration job no matter what it's on. 28 year old single guy, foreman for a small lathe machine shop, raced cars/sportbikes on and off since i was old enough to drive so i'm pretty mechanically inclined.

i've learned tons of stuff here already, really glad this place exists. and whenever i end up posting some pics, feel free to make fun of the REALLY tacky crap the previous owners did to it. :D

Sounds great, we love to comment on decor.:D
You'll fit right in, pull a log up to the fire...and ask what you need, contribute when you can...and have some fun.:)

Hey SpinDoctor:
We don't like to poke fun here; someone may ask for a picture of our work.
Glenn

Hey Spin...congrats...You sound sensible and I do love to laugh.Can't wait to see pics. Remember what we contractors love to call the "honeymoon period". That's when newbies spend money that can't afford on stuff they don't need. I'm sure you'll be fine. A good idea today is a good idea tomorrow. I always like to sleep on stuff. I'm real excited for you. Rock on.

at least it looks nice from the street. :lol: there's more, but i'll save some for later. luckily most of the really tacky stuff isn't expensive to fix, just time consuming. the drywall texture in this living room is 1/2" tall in some places and the fireplace looks worse in person. but it has lot of nice things-new a/c, furnace, water heater, granite countertops, nice neighborhood, and i got a good deal on it being a foreclosure. i'm happy with it. reminds me of having my 1st car again-always working it. lol

front1ih5.jpg

kitchen10kq7.jpg

tacky2xt4.jpg

tacky1ar7.jpg

Latest posts

Back