princess bathroom remodel.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a visual I'll try to drink away tonite...:p

I may have to take up drinking just for that.

ok. today we got the countertops in. I also installed the sink and faucet but I did not have all the fittings I needed to hook up the stupid drain so another day before that is working. the glass for the shower is supposed to be in this week. so hopefully I will be able to finish this thing up this week. then it is just the details. putting on the drawer hardware. Sarah picked that stuff up last week so now once she finds them and shows me which ones she wants for which door I can get that done too. here are a few picks for progress.

yes she is already moving stuff in and I don't have the handles on yet.

and a panoramic just for fun.

I also need to hang the other mirror above the sink but I want to wait until I finish the sink install in case I have to re do something.

Damn, that bathroom sure has come a long way!

Sorry Chris after this job it is time to get back in the garage lol. I have a bunch of parts for the 94 and I am trying to work a deal to get my yj jeep back. My son sold it to my daughters boyfriend and he has been driving my old truck down to college this year so I am thinking of trading that 99 f150 for the jeep, mostly because jeeps are fun to modify and I have no real use for the 99. anyway it will give him a more reliable vehicle for a while until he is able to afford a newer vehicle. and I will get my jeep back. hopefully he will go for it because it looks unlikely I will be getting my tj back from my daughter lol.

on the bathroom I got the sink drain finished and checked for leaks. I also installed the other mirror over the sink, the toilet paper holder and some of the door handles. naturally they got the order wrong and we are short two anyway slowly making progress. I also heard that I am supposed to get the glass panel in on thursday so if it is right hopefully the shower will be finished this weekend. fingers crossed.

Ok some good news today. first of all I am basically finished with the princess bathroom remodel. We got the shower walls installed. the other mirror, shelf above the toilet. the door and door stopper and all but one cabinet has the handles on. those are on order yet.

My daughter has moved her stuff in and I have tested the shower and no leaks that I can see. my drain repair also has no leaks. so overall I guess I am good to go on that front. I hauled all the garbage out of the basement and now just need to haul my tools back to the garage.

so first we position the metal frame and once we are satisfied with the placement you screw it down and it has waterproof tape underneath it as well.

monroe Is not to sure about the whole thing.

then you dry position the walls and put in shims in the frame till it sits square. I did not do as good a job on that as I should have. now that I know how to do it I could do it a lot better next time, but some things you just have to learn by doing. anyway. I had my neighbor Jim come over and he helped me get the rest of it up. it kind of has to go together all at once so I did not get any in progress pics but here is the finished product. before we cleaned the glass. I had to adjust the door a bit more after this picture.

here is a shot from the hall

the massive door hardware Sarah wanted.

zen scentsy thing.

Sarah getting organized.

and here it is pretty much completed and "zenned" out.

So Sarah is happy. I think this is a mission accomplished.

the other good news is it looks like I am getting my yj back so I will have more projects to do on that in the near future I hope.

Beautiful work. I hope you got a hug and a kiss for it?

Dang MG, that turned out REALLY NICE! Sure hope she appreciates all your hard work. Once again, job well done!!!

Wow! That turned out great! The cabinets actually looked good even without hardware. The hardware she picked reminds me of the handles for those custom panel kitchen appliances. Looks like what they put on the fridges, but at least they should open well.

I know you said you are done, but one more touch I might suggest: A shattaf. If the water doesn't get too cold it can be used like a bidet. It can be mounted to the wall or hidden away. You just hook it to the same line as the toilet and have a switch to turn it on. It can also be used for cleaning the toilet. I think even a kitchen side-sprayer might work.

The little cover at the back is a nice touch.

It really looks fantastic!

Chris, I have a softclose seat but I always end up giving it a little extra shove with my hand to speed it up. It's a Kohler one with quick-release so I can take the seat off to clean it without having to remove the bolts.

I considered a bidet seat down there but decided against it. we have one upstairs. but for down there I just went with this one. it will have to do because I am done. I got the last three door pulls on and put the rocks in the zen rock garden and then I hauled most of my tools back to the shop.

everything is buttoned up and this project is complete now time to get to work on the 94 mustang.

Ooh, the little rock garden looks nice!

Hope your next project goes well! I'd love to see pics!

Back