Project Mileage

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have read into them and if I do get one it will be a 5 star. I just don't know how much money I am willing to sink into this never ending battle.

In other news I was able to sneak out long enough to pick up my truck from the gear shop today. What do you think of the cover?

View attachment IMG_20120920_171241.jpg

The cover looks nice, but you need to detail that spare tire. :)

I should probably pull it out and put in a full sized spare.:thumbsup:

If it is not matched, you might as well throw it away since it won't do you any good anyway.

Yeah it will! I can trade for the right size in podunk Indiana. We can use it as a pool floaty.

It will still work on the front of the truck in an emergency. I actually have a full size spare but need to swap it on.

I thought all your trucks were 4 wheel drive?

Nope this one is 2wd. I got a great deal on it new and couldn't pass it up, really how many 4wd trucks do I need?

Although I wish this one was the 4wd and all the others were 2wd.

Yes!

But so is this one and all I put on it.

If I borrow it, and never return it, you can also write it off as a loss. I'm such a giver sometimes.....

Maybe if you would have offered last week.

Actually I paid this one off last year and love it. Especially now that I am sinking some money into it making it the way I want it.

Next will be recovering my captains chairs in leather (It's good to have a neighbor that owns an upholstory shop) and getting a better stereo, the stock sounds horrible, not a bass bumping head turning set up but just something with good clear sound.

I used to be anal with my vehicles and it had cost me a few relationships but when I got this one I just gave up on that idea and said they were just transportation, well I am giving up on that idea now and starting to take better care of them.

BTW, Costco has a deal on wiper blades for the next two weeks. It is a buy one, get one free for Goodyear blades. They cost $7.00 each, so now they are $7.00 a pair. No coupon needed, but I believe you can only get one pair per trip, so take a few friends with you!

Sweet except I just replaced all mine on all trucks and my jeep.

So someone decided to steal 300 bucks worth of fuel out of my truck last night. Time for sitting in the yard with a shot gun.

Sweet except I just replaced all mine on all trucks and my jeep.

So someone decided to steal 300 bucks worth of fuel out of my truck last night. Time for sitting in the yard with a shot gun.

So, thats like 6.23 gals out in Cali, right?

Why not just get a locking gas cap or have the door wired to a silent alarm. Nothing like the sound of racking a pump 12 ga to get someones attention.

That sucks Chris!

They also got some tools and a couple small gas cans out of the bed.

On this tank there wasn't really a locking gas cap or way to put one on since it is an aftermarket tank in the bed. Since then I have drilled out the lid and made my own locking cap. In my line of work it is inevitable and going to happen from time to time so i can not get to mad aout it, just realize people suck and would rather steal then get a job.

Now back to the project mileage. I was able to sneak out and get the muffler welded on and the filter in, the truck has so much more get up and go with the upgrades but I killed my top speed and I really don't like the sound of the flowmaster. Sounds like a 6 cyl on steroids.

Yesterday, my son had his 5th wheel broken into at the storage lot he keeps it in. So were another 9 vehicles, along with a newer diesel pusher, which was stolen completely. Funny thing is the idiots didn't know the place was under 24 hour surveillance and the suspect was the owner of a limo company who also uses the same lot. Well, they did a search warrant and recovered all the loot, and the diesel pusher, in the yard of the suspect's home. He is now under arrest for 12 counts of burglary and grand theft auto. So was his South Central LA hooker girlfriend!

Been driving witht he new muffler and still don't know if I like it at all. Still kinda sounds like a hopped up V6.

Back