Snow fencing

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of the different dogs breeds I've owned have all answered to voice commands, all socialized, lab, pit bull, Staffordshire, and pressa, all were rescued or gifts or found wandering, all trained by me.

When you understand animals, it's easier to communicate with them, then it is to overpower their natural desires.

Interesting relationship comparison.

If using the orange plastic, drive in the posts and put 2 about 2 1/2' apart where you want the gate. Attach everything with zip ties to one section. Do the other section, allowing about an extra 6" at the "gate" to overlap. Use the extra to wrap and zip tie to a big dowel, or piece of 1x2. Use a couple of bungee cords to hold gate closed and tight. :good luck:
I think we've gotten A BIT off track here...
Obviously there won't be going to the lake in 4' of snow! The problem is keeping the dog off the lake as it's freezing (so he's not hurt by breaking thru the ice, or getting wet and dirty when the temp is freezing)
Also the electronic fence is not a good idea under the circumstances as the dog will remember where it is and won't go down to the lake even during the nice days of summer. Even if you carry him/her they will have anxiety when you get near the line. It happens, believe me.
I believe my original idea will work to solve the problem as originally stated.
The idea is for a temporary solution to a temporary problem.

Yes, it is one of the ideas I am thinking of. At the lake, likely less than a foot will accumulate. The rest of the yard might be a different matter.

Back