Our sump pump has been making really a really loud noise for the past couple of days. I think it is on and off. Checking inside shows no water but for some reason it is still making the noise. Also it is hot down there...like you can feel hot air coming up. could the sump pump possibly be stuck on or turning on for no reason and overheating since there is no water in there? is this dangerous?? I must mention that it was in the high 90s outside today if that is the reason hot air could be coming from there...?? We unplugged it and replugged it in and it made a quieter noise for a couple seconds and then stopped. Does anyone know what could be wrong and is this dangerous. I won't be fixing it myself (unless it involves a simple 'reset' kind of thing) I would be calling our home warrenty. I do want to know if I should unplug it also if anyone thinks its a hazard if it could be overheating..? TIA!