The "What did you do today thread"?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut grass this morning, looked at a roof leak this afternoon, now I'm home drinking some iced tea and I'm off till Wednesday

Did three bids, worked on my audit and then cleaned out the garage, man it's nice having a shop for all my junk. It makes my garage look like the garage of a guy with no hobbies or junk collecting skills.

I am trying to stay away from the fight. She had no will.

I am trying to stay away from the fight. She had no will.

Thats no fun. Makes me glad I have a fair family, when mom died we all agree we didn't want much of her stuff but then again she was borderline hoarder and had plenty to go around.

Being an only child has its advantages and disadvantages. When I moved mom to the nursing home, I purged everything except for 2 chairs, a dresser and her bed. Going through all her stuff she amased over the years made me realize the things you treasure don't have the same meaning when your gone. Only thing I kept was a grandfather clock my dad made and my grandfathers old violin.

I've realized I hold onto to crap, become emotionally attached and I hate going through the selling process. Guess we'll have a yard sale and get rid of stuff, which appeals to me just about like pack,g a moving truck.

Sometimes I wished I had siblings, more often, I'm glad I don't.

Thats no fun. Makes me glad I have a fair family, when mom died we all agree we didn't want much of her stuff but then again she was borderline hoarder and had plenty to go around.

Besides the house, she left two vehicles. The car was TOD to my wife. The truck was left to no one. Her grandson was living there but did not have a car. We offered to give him the car (he doesn't want the pickup) and we would take the pickup instead. They have about the same value. His mother, my wife's sister says no. She doesn't want either one but doesn't want my wife to have either one either. Mean while, we are trying to find a place for HER son to live . She won't help him. It is a mess.

Oh, Rusty, I'm so sorry you're having such issues and problems with family.

I'm sorry to hear that, Rusty. People can be at their worst when they lose a close family member. Sometimes the grief and stress can drive a wedge between people. My aunt's husband's family fought like hyena's over their mother's belongings and estate when she died. It got pretty ugly. But grief is still no excuse to be a complete jerk about things. The sister not wanting your wife to have the vehicles reminds me of the tale of the dog who sat in the hay and wouldn't let the other animals eat it. He didn't plan to eat it, but he didn't want to let any other creature eat it even though he really had no use for it.

Meanwhile, I went to go for D&D night and when I arrived at my friend's house, he discovered that his ex-girlfriend (that he allowed to stay with him under certain conditions--- no alcohol and no bringing strange people home) was drunk and had brought home two strange drunk guys. One of them was in the bedroom when I got there. My friend finally put his foot down and was chewing her out for stealing from him, disrespecting from him, and using him. The guy in the room with her was being belligerent and mouthing off so he told the guy to get the eff out. The guy laughed at him and then started arguing and telling him he didn't have the authority to tell him to leave. My friend said he'd call the cops. I got my phone out and pulled up the number for the police for him in case he needed it.
Then, not only did belligerent drunk guy not leave, he went to the refrigerator, got out a pitcher, and started pouring a drink. My friend was trying to wake his roommate (a former professional wrestler) and I confronted the guy and told him to get the eff out. He started walking toward me like he was trying to intimidate me but I didn't back down. I told him that I would shove his a** out of the place if he didn't leave.

I was very close to getting in to a fist fight with the guy. Then the roommate came out and told him to leave and they woke up the other drunk guy who mumbled about how there would be trouble if the cops showed up. Belligerent drunk guy started smoking in the house (which is not allowed) and was walking around kicking things and was going away from the door. I stepped in front of him, he tried to step around, I moved again. He finally politely asked me if I would please let him pass. I told him that since he asked politely I would. Eventually he and his other friend left. The ex-girlfriend was told she had 30 minutes to pack up her stuff and get out. She disappeared for awhile, but her stuff was still there and she came back in and sat with us and didn't leave, but things were calmer then. She apologized to me for the belligerent idiot's behavior. She was still there when we left after the D&D game.

Not sure how things went after we left.

My gosh. Your friend is too nice and should get rid of her or there will be more and more problems and harder to get her out.

I just went and did grocery shopping for my parents.

My gosh. Your friend is too nice and should get rid of her or there will be more and more problems and harder to get her out.

I just went and did grocery shopping for my parents.

Yeah. It really just came and bit him on the keester. She came over when he wasn't there, curbstomped his laptop, smashed his TV, cut up the charger cord for his laptop, stole his external harddrive and a bunch of other stuff and then fled. His roommate didn't know she'd done all of that. She pretended to be all calm and cool and asked for a lift to another town with bags of what was supposed to be her stuff- but also had a lot of his stuff. The roommate's phone wasn't working so we couldn't get in touch with him. He was supposed to take her to Daquincy, but she suddenly asked him to stop in Oberlin and had some random strange guy pick her up and said she was going to Kinder. My friend called the cops and sent her messages saying that she needed to return his stuff so she wouldn't be in as much trouble bc she's already in for destruction of property. But she's on parole so I think she's straight up fleeing and going to go in to hiding. Local police are useless-- they do not care at all. So my bro is going to call the sheriff's department. He's got a friend there now and hopefully they will do something.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out who's butt I have to light a fire under to try to get things moving on the arrest/prosecution of the jerk who poisoned my other friends' dogs. The cop who took the statement and found the evidence said it's out of his hands now. So, any ideas who needs to be contacted now? Is it a district attorney? Sheriff? Mayor? Police commissioner? Someone else?

So far today I picked up trash, went to the post office, played Dungeons and Dragons, and cooked for Mom.

Put front brake pads on my daughters 4runner, 2 pins, c clamp and easiest brake replacement I've ever done...why can't they all be that easy...

Did you turn the rotors?

I sold junk on Ebay today. Finally found a way to get rid of all my moms stuff.

Washed, vacuumed and waxed her car this morning. She's leaving for a week or so to visit her parents in Michigan, peace, quiet and tranquility here for a while...oh what to do with my free time....

Washed, vacuumed and waxed her car this morning. She's leaving for a week or so to visit her parents in Michigan, peace, quiet and tranquility here for a while...oh what to do with my free time....

Clean out the garage and throw away that junk she likes to save for no reason.

Back