The "What did you do today thread"?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the fuel injection all plumbed on the Scrambler. Now to tackle the wiring then onto new exhaust and a bunch of other fixes.

My wife's words.

June 22 woke up with no phones or internet called AT&T had to wait till June 26 before repair man came out, he "fixed" it in about 10 mins and left by 11:30am. June 27 at 1:15 while i was talking to my mom (yes less than 26 hours later) phone went out again, had to wait till July 2nd to get another repair man out to "fix" it again,, took him about 5 mins and it was up and running..July 13 phone was out again, Never believe AT&T, this time they said they would be here July 16 to fix it, They never showed so I called and they said there was an outage that had to be fixed ok i got that part but when the tech's have to be rerouted for an outage they cancel all repair tickets and don't bother to call the customer oh and don't seem to know what's going on as when AT&T called to ask if the repair man had finish and was able to make the repair and I told them he never showed, they told me he was still on his way. Next call to ask me if he had finished the repairs I found out about the outage thing. and now they say someone will be here tomorrow to fix it... really??? As we have sat waiting and wasting our time for two days now I'm not holding my breath, I can't hold it that long.

And now you know why we just dumped the house land line. Cells only here now and couldn't be happier.

The house I use to own, and is now owned from the b!^#h from hell (I sure digress, don't I?) had horrible cell service since it was backed up to a mountain and no cell sites were close, so a land line was necessary.

Now that I live in the flatlands, the cell service is fantastic and there is no reason to have a land line. Face it Rusty, you just don't want to upgrade from your dial up modem, right?

I have Uverse, fastest internet available here. I need the land line. Anyway, I knew the tech who came today and fixed it. He gave me his personal cell number and said to call him direct next time and skip the A T & T service number. We shall see. There are a lot of dead spots around here for cell service. A couple of the smaller towns have no tower available at all.

Ugh. That sucks, but I'm glad you got your lines working again. Did the tech say what was wrong?

I need a landline since cell service is spotty out here.

It was the modem, again. Those little kids in China don't make quality electronics.

Sick all day. About once a year my BP goes nuts. Only lasts for a day or two. No doctor has ever been able to figure out why. If you have ever had high BP, you know how sick it can make you.

Sorry to hear about the BP Rusty.

I broke a toe yesterday kicking a cleat on my boat. It is now purple and black and the nail is split, yay me!

Yikes, Rusty, I wonder what causes that...

Ouch, Chris that makes my toe hurt just thinking about it. I hope it heals quickly.

We have wild horses in West Texas I've been told. Never seen them, just been told about them.

How's the vacay Ger? Off to a good start?

Sick all day. About once a year my BP goes nuts. Only lasts for a day or two. No doctor has ever been able to figure out why. If you have ever had high BP, you know how sick it can make you.

I have similar events. I keep getting told to lose weight or go on meds. I'm going to lose the weight. Eventually.

Back