The "What did you do today thread"?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have wild horses in West Texas I've been told. Never seen them, just been told about them.

How's the vacay Ger? Off to a good start?

Having a great time, great weather..... Thanks for asking :)

Well, it was yesterday, but we took our grandson to the doctor, only a 4 hour round trip. He's fine.

I looked and today is not a good day to look at my stocks performance.

I'm just sitting around waiting for my mother to wake up so I can make her something to eat. I was going to go renew the registration on the CR-V today, but my brother took it and went over to a friend's house. The friend's puppy just died from Parvo and apparently it left a mess (because the friend's girlfriend brought the puppy in to a room with carpet and let it crawl under his chair to die). I wish she'd actually tried to take it to the vet or something. She really shouldn't have pets. They have 5 more puppies that will now need to be vaccinated asap so they won't die, but I don't think she'll get that done.

Anyway, I suspect my brother just used it as an excuse to go over and play video games because there is no way he's going to clean up any excrement-- he won't even wipe his own off of the toilet seat when he manages to smear it on.

I'm hoping the world of warcraft beta servers will be back up soon so I can test things out and do some bug reporting.

Careful, that Parvo is nothing to play with. I hear the virus is airborne and can be transferred quickly to your houses and dogs!

Sold furniture via Craigslist today for the first time. It was quick and painless, but the seller thought I was out to get him, and I thought he was out to get me. With my gun at my side, I wasn't going to lose this win! Transaction went great, and we laughed at both of us being paranoid.

I didn't know it was airborne. I did warn my friend that it is highly contagious. My vet told me that it can stay around in an area for 6 months up to 2 years so I said they can't get any more puppies for 2 years unless they get them vaccinated. Apparently the girlfriend had a temper tantrum about it.

I came pretty close to slapping her the other day when she told me how she broke her glasses. She apparently was hitting her 5-year-old son so violently that she managed to break her glasses. And after her boyfriend had worked a 12 hour shift at one job and then worked a double shift at another job he wanted to sleep. But she didn't want to watch her own kid (its not her boyfriend's kid) so she literally slapped the daylights out of him (on his head, back, legs, etc) until he got up. I think now I know why her ex-husband hit her. During the school year she would get mad at her then 4-year-old son because he was slow to get dressed in the morning (partially because he was groggy in the morning- she never enforces a bedtime, but also because he's not coordinated). Rather than help him, she would start screaming at him and then "beating his a**". She has no patience with the kid and will sometimes just slap him upside the head with no warning.

We've all told my friend that he needs to get custody of his daughter, call cps and have them take her son away, and kick her to the curb.

Anyway, I'm glad the transaction went well, havasu. I don't blame you for bringing your sidearm. You never know what sort of crazies you will encounter.

My G/F's 92 year old mom had a heart attack last night, then suffered a stroke today. Obviously not in good shape, and expect the inevitable to occur in the next day or two. Not a fun time around these parts.

Sorry to hear that, thoughts and prayers for her and her family.

Thanks. No phone calls last night so the drain must still being circled.

My G/F's 92 year old mom had a heart attack last night, then suffered a stroke today. Obviously not in good shape, and expect the inevitable to occur in the next day or two. Not a fun time around these parts.

My FIL is being rushed to the hospital as I type this. His diabetes is out of whack and he's more or less in a diabetic coma. Didn't know where he was, what was going on, etc. My wife is beside herself.

Hope they can get his blood sugar straightened out Austin. Let us know how he's doing.

I'm sorry to hear about your g/f's mom, Havasu. Strokes and heart attacks always suck and I know the waiting part really sucks. I've been down that road a few times now with watching people circling the drain and wishing they would get better but knowing there wasn't much chance. Give your gf a hug for me.

Austin, I'm also sorry about your father-in-law. Diabetes sucks. My mom has it and I'm constantly checking on her and making sure she has enough sugar. She's had some incidents where her sugar spiked way too high and others where it got way too low, but she's been lucky thus far. I'm knocking on wood and hoping it will stay that way. I do hope they can straighten things out for him and maybe he'll be more careful from here on out.

My next door neighbor is a 50 year old veteran. He's diabetic, has had 9 strokes and 3 heart attacks, and was out running around today. You never know. There is always hope.

The administered "Last Rights" to my G/F's mom today, and is on morphine every two hours. She hasn't eaten or had fluids for 2+ days, so the time is coming soon.

Thanks Rusty, but the time is long overdue. The lady has Alzheimer's, and doesn't know anyone. For the last 10 years, she has been in a special memory care facility which is charging my G/F $6K a month. No quality of life at all.

We humanely put dogs and cats down, but....well, that is question for another thread.

Man... That really sucks. I recently lost someone who was like a grandmother to me who was in similar condition. She was in a nursing home for the last few years of her life. It took about 3 or 4 days for her to die. Her husband took 10 days to die. That was really hard because we knew he was dying and we were up there every day holding his hand and sitting with him. I did get to see him while he was still awake and he told me he was dying. At that point I didn't believe it, but the next day he couldn't open his eyes. He just sort of grunted to acknowledge that he heard us and squeezed our hands. I forget when he stopped being able to squeeze hands and respond. He'd also been in the nursing home. While we were there they had problems with the oxygen machine and then the air conditioner went out. When they were replacing it, I saw that there was black mold under the unit. It probably contributed to his illness and death.

And yeah, I have to say... they are quick to put animals down even when its not necessary and the animals can live happily for awhile longer, but with people they keep them hanging on and suffering.

It is strange how some people can die young from stuff that might not seem all that serious and then others really hang in. I knew a guy who smoked for over 70 years, had numerous car accidents, and was still able to walk around and function up until a few weeks before he died of brain cancer at the age of 91.

Back