The "What did you do today thread"?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We went to the LA County Fair today. It was 106 upon arrival at noon. It was heroes day, so we got in for $2 each. Yep, we baked.

High was in the 70s here today, 50s tonight. Was in the 40s last night.

Trophyman, its interesting how some people who were never cat people end up loving cats. I had a friend who didn't become a cat person until his late 80s and then he adored his cats and wanted to have little kittens sitting on his lap all the time. His favorite kitten stayed with him when he was dying. She only left his side for absolute necessities and she was curled up on him when he died.

My father had a few cats as a child and grew up loving cats and I grew up always having cats around so I was raised to be a cat person.

I think I went to Florida once. I can't remember much about the trip. My uncle took me there for a fishing trip. I wish I could remember more about it but it was over 20 years ago.

It was cool again today but I'm still under the weather. The headache is gone but I've got the stupid runny nose thing and I'm trying to keep it under control so I don't get bronchitis again. But, on the scale of how sick I've been in the past (scale of 1-10 with 10 being worst) this is probably about a 1.5.

Not only did I dislike cats as a youngster, I despise them now. It seems all the cats come into this yard to crap, then return to their homes. We have spend several hundred $$'s covering all of our dirt with weed cloth, then rubber mulch, trying to stop their antics.

I did have one cat I enjoyed and that was at the ranch where my horse was boarded. The cat was a great mouser and earned his keep. A coyote spooked him up to the top of a telephone pole one evening and I had to pull some strings to have a utility worker come up with a cherry picker to get my cat down.

Oh, to follow the theme of this thread, I have no idea what I am going to do today, since I barely began to drink my coffee.

I guess since I have 32 acres, any crap the cats leave outside is not an issue since I never see it, but I imagine it must be frustrating having neighborhood cats messing in your yard all the time.

I'm a little nauseous today so I took some meds and am trying to keep my breakfast down.

Today I put new tires on one of my tractors. Ouch!

Now I need to shop for tires for my truck.

I have the second set of Toyo's on my F-350. First set I got over 55k and this set will do better I think. Right around $900.00 tax,title and install.

What size were those? I am looking at 315/70 R17 for my truck. I was running BFG all terrains and get around 50k out of them normally sometimes more. I do a lot of highway driving. Since I picked up this Dodge ram a year ago next month I have put 33k on it.

16's

I do like BFG's, thats what I'm gonna put under my Jeep when I can afford a Old Man Emu lift.

I was told the factory quit manufacturing 16" BFG's. A buddy of mine just dealt with this, and he had to get them shipped from out of state from a leftover stock. They will no longer warranty them since the company quit making them.

I have the same problem with my 16.5" rims on my boat hauler Blazer.

I had the same problem on an older ford, I ended up getting new wheels. It was cheaper than tires.

I need one good 16.5 for my 1 ton. I refuse to give $300 plus for one. I have a friend who works at a tire shop on the lookout for a good used one. I only drive the truck a couple times a year.

Just a tire. It has 5 good tires and one bad on it now.

So, I got the urge to clean out the garage, but I don't have the urge to throw much away...,

I was told the factory quit manufacturing 16" BFG's. A buddy of mine just dealt with this, and he had to get them shipped from out of state from a leftover stock. They will no longer warranty them since the company quit making them.

I put the Rugged Terrain in 265/75/16 on my Tacoma about 18 months ago. Tire Rack had them about 6 months ago. SOunds like I'll hafta check again, just for grins.

Back