The "What did you do today thread"?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had sociology class tonight. Next Wednesday I teach class for 30 minutes.

I want to take a Spanish class and some water treatment classes but I am a high school drop out so who knows if they will let me.

Schools are businesses, they will gladly take your enrollment monies.

I want to take a Spanish class and some water treatment classes but I am a high school drop out so who knows if they will let me.

They will want you to take a placement test.

I got my job started then went to the wound care center, got my daily 30 min dose of IV antibiotics and my daily 2 hour ride in the hyperbaric chamber. After that I went back to the job and collected a (very small) check for the remaining balance of the job. now I am home watching my son olay computer games.

hyperbaric chamber is a chamber about the size of a tanning bed that you get locked in for 2 hrs. they pressurize it with pure oxygen. Its suppossed to promote healing for severe infections which I have.

hyperbaric chamber is a chamber about the size of a tanning bed that you get locked in for 2 hrs. they pressurize it with pure oxygen. Its suppossed to promote healing for severe infections which I have.

From the looks of it, it makes your beard grow...:eek:

I'm too lazy to retype so I'm pasting what I wrote on plumbingforums

Today I agreed to take my friend's girlfriend to a clinic in Lafayette. She asked me last week and I agreed. I didn't realize that she hadn't found out some important things like:
1. What the name of the clinic was
2. The address of the clinic
3. Whether or not she needed an appointment

After I picked her up around 10:50am, I drove her to a few places she needed to go in town and she called to find out the name and address of the clinic. She turned on her phone's GPS to navigate us in the right direction and her sister-in-law gave some advice on which route to take since she used to live in Lafayette.

Sometime around 1pm I was on a 2-lane highway going speed limit when I started to hear a thunking noise, but nothing seemed wrong with my control on the vehicle. It got very loud so I started to pull over and I saw chunks of plastic flying off. The tread on my rear driver side tire sheared off and broke off pieces of the side bumper trim. The tire was still inflated, but I could hear the air starting to hiss out. I tried calling the number on my insurance card for State Farm but nobody answered after 20 rings and then I got an answering machine-- I then remembered that they were closed until 2pm. So I googled for roadside assistance approved by State Farm and found a number, called, explained the situation, got disconnected, called back, spent 10 minutes waiting for them to confirm they would send roadside assistance. Waited 35 min for the roadside assistance to get there. Young dude-- seemed nice enough but it turned out he wasn't very experienced with taking tires off. He didn't have the right equipment. He put the jack in the wrong spot, then had to use two jacks to lift the car up high enough, then he couldn't get the lug nuts off and almost gave up. He tried his hand tool, his power tool, my power tool to remove lug nuts-- nada. A second roadside guy had to come help. I had a cross lug wrench that I brought out. Guy 1 pushed up on opposite side while I helped lift guy 2 high enough so he could get enough height to half-jump on the other side to push down hard enough to get the lug nuts off. Then it took both of them (taking turns using my rubber mallet) to get the tire off. Once they arrived, it took about an hour and fifteen minutes to change the tire.

While we were waiting, my friend's gf called the clinic to ask if she needed an appointment and was told to just come on in and that they wouldn't close until all of the patients had left or something like that. After the tire was changed and we were on our way (about 30 min away from the clinic), she called back to ask something and was told by a different person that she would need an appointment. She still needed to be seen about an allergic reaction she was having, so we decided to keep going. She got on her phone and was kvetching up a storm so much that the gps instructions weren't coming through and we missed a turn-- that added another 20 minutes to the drive. We finally made it and not only did the clinic say they would not see her, they said they didn't even accept her regular clinic's paperwork as a referral and would have to show it to a doctor at their place to see if that doctor thought she should have those tests done and give her a referral and eventually they would call her back. They gave her a card and told her to call back once a MONTH until they could give her an appointment (estimate was 2 to 3 months). The clinic was in a hospital so we walked to the opposite end to the ER portion because she insisted on being seen about her poison ivy rash on her face, legs, and hands. More waiting. She got a shot and more waiting for a prescription slip. It was after 5pm when we got out. Then we went to CVS pharmacy where it was another half hour wait. Then we drove 20 min to get to IHOP where the service was terrible. Only saw the waitress thrice (ok, she only came to the table that many times-- I kept trying to flag her down for a refill) and the second time she returned to the table I asked her for a refill on my very empty drink and she ignored me. Had to get up and go ask kitchen staff for a refill.

I observed first hand why my friend is always broke and why the girlfriend never has money. I got a spinach mushroom swiss burger and a tea. She got steak and eggs with 2 extra eggs, extra hash browns, strawberry covered french toast, strawberry cheesecake pancakes, and two iced coffees (which are not refillable so you have to pay for each one). My food was like $10 total-- bill was over $40.

Later on the way home we stopped at a gas station that had very high prices on the snacks. She got like 3 bags of candy, a $5 Red Bull, and some $3 milkshake thingy from a machine.

I decided to use GPS on my phone and had it linked to my Tenergy Bluetooth Beanie (which is basically a hat that is a headset-- there's a button on the side to answer the phone). It came in very handy. Drive home was uneventful. Dropped the chick off and got home after 10pm.

The tire and the spot where the plastic trim got broken off:
12189024_10153570789475168_2373298719008680960_n.jpg

Another angle-- Mom somehow put that dent in the bumper when she was driving it.
12189980_10153570788490168_4373889745552672835_n.jpg

My friend's gfs meal minus the pancakes
11666268_752040581595476_547197748563281804_n.jpg

My daughter had a tire do that on a car she had. When the tire came apart, on the front, it ripped out the inner fender. That is where all the electrical cables were. It tore them in half.

I had a rear tire come apart on my F-350, took the side of the bed off. Sure made a lot of noise...:eek:

My son borrowed my Harley to make a run across the desert with my old tires. I told him to replace the tire but he kicked it saying it was fine. Half way across, he had a rear blowout, ripping all the wires in the fenderwell. He then had to pay $500 to tow it to the Harley dealer. That oops ended up costing him $1800.

Went to the ER with one of my 10 year old grandsons. His little brother threw a stick and hit him in the eye. Split his eyelid open.

Ouch. I hope he is ok?

Today I decided I would try and put a new stereo in my dodge ram. Bad Idea. After spending 400 bucks on the new radio I found out that if I want my steering wheel controls and factory amp to work it would cost me another couple hundred, then It comes with a back up camera feature and I can hook my phone to it for GPS. of course I have to buy cables and parts so there is a couple more hundred. Then I need to modify my dash or buy a factory navigation bezel for my truck at 350 bucks. What ever happened to just buying anew radio and tossing it in like we used to do?

Latest posts

Back