Trump's Contract with America

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay. let's say all that is true and it sounds like it is.
Some here are not saying that much, we can't write off a population like an old car. It takes some effort to look into problems and talk about problems from every point of view.

That article talks about a single woman with to kids. I don't think they talk about her enough. How should we look at her.

1. Ex hooker with a drug habit, waiting for welfare Wednesday
2. Stays home to provide solid home for her kids with hope for their future.
3. Has a disability that prevents her from working.
4. Stays home to care for a sick or disabled child
5--20. All the other things I can't think of right now.

And that would be only one classification, I am sure there are many.
Single men, single women, grandparents, and the frauds.

But that says nothing about the people who are working two jobs or running a family business who are in general working to making their community better and safe.

It is fine to say cut off welfare and they will get a job.

Areas that have an over sized population of welfare collectors rely on that money coming into the local businesses, dry that up and there will be less jobs.

I'm white, half of my family is black . We all work and provide for our family's . I myself am not labeling the problem on a specific race . You can run the numbers and statistics and sure your going to come up with an argument on the "black community " . The fact of the matter is , we are all different in different ways as far as race in concerned . Not better , not worse , different . Now I have my own thoughts on that but I won't go into it now .

If we want to stop sterotyping, then let's stop . Every man is responsible for HIMSELF . If your black , you don't represent ALL blacks . Insert any other race into that sentence . People need to represent THEMSELVES .

As for welfare . I say drug test every recipent . You want free , your not getting high .

If your in that situation , additional children is a reduction of benefits , not an increase.

If you need assistance, you need to be actively pursuing a job . After an alloted amount of time with no results , you are required to give a certain amount of time to cummunity service to keep receiving benefits .

I can go on but you get the idea .

Imo alot of things need improvement . But tbh , I live in the best country in the world . My kids are growing up in a safe environment, ignorant to the real world , I have food to feed us , I don't have to worry about bombs going off on top of us. My wife isn't going to be gang raped on a subway , she is not going to have her beasts cut off , my son's are not being forced I to slavery , we're not bathing in a disease infested river , cartels are not taking my 5 yr old and bashing his head off rocks to intimidate someone he dosn't eveen know , the list goes on and on and one and on . Just loom into it......90% of the worlds atrocities don't even make the news ........for reasons....

We have the opportunity to do anything we wish with our lives . There are alot of people who do t have this luxury. And for this I'm grateful , best country in the world.

BUT , all this can change ! I'm glad the election went the way it did .

I'm white, half of my family is black . We all work and provide for our family's . I myself am not labeling the problem on a specific race . You can run the numbers and statistics and sure your going to come up with an argument on the "black community " . The fact of the matter is , we are all different in different ways as far as race in concerned . Not better , not worse , different . Now I have my own thoughts on that but I won't go into it now .

If we want to stop sterotyping, then let's stop . Every man is responsible for HIMSELF . If your black , you don't represent ALL blacks . Insert any other race into that sentence . People need to represent THEMSELVES .

As for welfare . I say drug test every recipent . You want free , your not getting high .

If your in that situation , additional children is a reduction of benefits , not an increase.

If you need assistance, you need to be actively pursuing a job . After an alloted amount of time with no results , you are required to give a certain amount of time to cummunity service to keep receiving benefits .

I can go on but you get the idea .

Imo alot of things need improvement . But tbh , I live in the best country in the world . My kids are growing up in a safe environment, ignorant to the real world , I have food to feed us , I don't have to worry about bombs going off on top of us. My wife isn't going to be gang raped on a subway , she is not going to have her beasts cut off , my son's are not being forced I to slavery , we're not bathing in a disease infested river , cartels are not taking my 5 yr old and bashing his head off rocks to intimidate someone he dosn't eveen know , the list goes on and on and one and on . Just loom into it......90% of the worlds atrocities don't even make the news ........for reasons....

We have the opportunity to do anything we wish with our lives . There are alot of people who do t have this luxury. And for this I'm grateful , best country in the world.

BUT , all this can change ! I'm glad the election went the way it did .

Whether you and I agree or not, is not important to me, I am happy just for the fact you take some time to think about an answer and see that there are multitudes of problems that have to have solutions all there own.

Drug problems are not just a problem for poor hood but testing might be an answer, depending how they are being used.

If they are being used to find people that need different resources of help.
If they are used the increase the hate, then not so good.

And worse yet is somebody getting rich for doing the test on your dime,

Whether you and I agree or not, is not important to me, I am happy just for the fact you take some time to think about an answer and see that there are multitudes of problems that have to have solutions all there own.

Drug problems are not just a problem for poor hood but testing might be an answer, depending how they are being used.

If they are being used to find people that need different resources of help.
If they are used the increase the hate, then not so good.

And worse yet is somebody getting rich for doing the test on your dime,

I think we totally agree , maybe not on the political response to fix the problems , but on the end result YES.

I also think steps need to be taken to help people down on thier luck . Welfare is needed . But it is being abused and steps need to be taken to prevent that . The few opinions I made on how to curve that , I don't belive anybody in need of assistance who truly needs it should object to . Assistance should be a method of help with the intent to raise that person up and get them on thier feet.....not live off it thier entire lives.

And I Also agree with you , someone will be getting rich off the tests or some other loop hOle . It's a never ending battle to fight fraud , corruption and abuse .

It's kinda d of like the profits from work related drug testing . Most hard drugs are out of your body in days , but marijuana it's the primary target (staying in your system for upto a month) We all know by now it's basically harmless ( obviously not during work hours) , but the testing itself is big money lining pockets .

Actually, it's your refusal to admit that welfare is a political construct to insure dependency, at the expense of dignity, self reliance and intestinal fortitude.

In other words, get off the front porch and get a job, or two, or three.

Damn Buffalo, you just earned the most respect deserved for your above post!

I think we totally agree , maybe not on the political response to fix the problems , but on the end result YES.

I also think steps need to be taken to help people down on thier luck . Welfare is needed . But it is being abused and steps need to be taken to prevent that . The few opinions I made on how to curve that , I don't belive anybody in need of assistance who truly needs it should object to . Assistance should be a method of help with the intent to raise that person up and get them on thier feet.....not live off it thier entire lives.

And I Also agree with you , someone will be getting rich off the tests or some other loop hOle . It's a never ending battle to fight fraud , corruption and abuse .

It's kinda d of like the profits from work related drug testing . Most hard drugs are out of your body in days , but marijuana it's the primary target (staying in your system for upto a month) We all know by now it's basically harmless ( obviously not during work hours) , but the testing itself is big money lining pockets .

About 30 years ago I watched some news program about some border town where they had an open gate at the border. No border guards just a 4 ft opening in a fence, with in walking distance of a privately operated mailbox center. I think the story went something like this. People with green cards came across to work on farms and were untitled to receive UI if they had an address in the country or state, not sure which. As many might be using the same mail box, some where picking up several checks for friends and family.

Some were picking up welfare checks and the reporter asked about that and was told that when the UI checks were running to the end of there term some one from welfare met them at the gate and offered to help out with the paperwork. The reporter dug into the welfare system at the time it seemed that the agents had a base salary but as there work load increased they received more money. At some limit there was a need for more agents and you guessed it the more agents working the more the supervisor would make.

That same system was true for schools, more students, more money all around.

The only guy complaining was the farmer. He had favorite people he wanted to come and work but said, those people came to work to feed their families back home. But for that family it was better to keep that person at home and send someone else.

So if all that was true, it is not hard to see some people were simply trained to use and abuse a system.

At the time I was out of work and looked into picking apples in Washington state, but they had no shortage of people coming in to do the work ( from Mexico )

Back