Voltage across 2 line feeds?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, follow up to @kok328 's comment...

If this ok with the Stat ground going to the neutral or should it come apart, cap the neutral and reconnect to ground?
Oh, I see now what your saying. Your diagram does not use a neutral and your saying yours is wired to a neutral not ground.
Yes, this is incorrect especially off a sub-panel where the neutral and ground are not connected together as they would be in a Main panel.
Hate to change something that's been working but, yea, I'd connect the stat to ground per the diagram.

check all you want. until the MM is set correctly you won't get 240V of any 2 pole breaker.
That was the reason I suggested the check. Notice that I said sanity check. :)

Oh, I see now what your saying. Your diagram does not use a neutral and your saying yours is wired to a neutral not ground.
Yes, this is incorrect especially off a sub-panel where the neutral and ground are not connected together as they would be in a Main panel.
Hate to change something that's been working but, yea, I'd connect the stat to ground per the diagram.

I knew you were going to say that!! (HAHAHA)

Back