Weird draining problem...

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's any consulation, we've all been there. The main thing is to learn from your experience and use that knowledge to do other things. No one's born knowing how to do anything but poop and cry. So, it's just like eating an elephant...one bite at a time. It may be frustrating, but think of how good you'll feel when something does go right.

😁 It's not much consolation at all, but I do appreciate the effort...

Not one thing has gone right for me in this house. Nothing. I have absolutely no idea why, other than the electrical wiring that was supposed to have been done before the sale wasn't, and it's a 50 year old hodge-podge of some wires that are constantly hot. The plumbing is problematic beyond my ability to understand, and I have lost all my confidence in my ability to do anything. I went back and looked under the kitchen sink yesterday morning, and got cold chills thinking about all the things that could go wrong.

I kept up a 130 year old, two story, five bedroom, three bath, frame house for years, because my dad was in his 80s with Parkinsons. You name it, I did it, from replacing a 60 year old toilet, to electrical wiring, roofing, repairing a 40 year old room addition that was leaking, new washing machine plumbing, two pool liners (by myself) and hundreds of other jobs.

I got defeated by a crummy little cabinet latch! I've replaced dozens of those at the other house. I'm afraid to even try anything now.

Been here seven months, and I've yet to have one thing go right. It's discouraging beyond description.

Back