What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its only about 3 years old and up against the neighbors foundation 😳. There is another one in my yard that I was going to let grow but my daughters puppies have destroyed the bark. So the both need to go.
Also.... idk that I have ever had mulberries

Shan, maybe you could get the guy to haul trash for you as well?

Shan, maybe you could get the guy to haul trash for you as well?
I did think about it, but his trailer is small so he would have to make multiple trips..... I also thought about renting a smaller one, which would be more expensive in the long run, however I could work at a slower pace.

Mulberries are great. Sweet juicy snackin' all June. We pick pint after pint of them. I've got a couple frozen pints still that I plan to make into a crumble.

Not a big mulberry fan. Don't think they have a lot of flavor and the birds eat them then crap purple bird poop everywhere. I have a bunch of mulberry trees around and they pop up everywhere. They are hard to get rid of too, cut them off and they'll grow right back from the root. I do keep a few around though as the Baltimore Orioles like them. I also saw this article today, ironic.
https://nypost.com/2022/08/24/congressmans-wife-died-after-ingesting-herb-treatment-report/

Also..... I need to get up the nerve to see if he would cut/weedeat my backyard for a fee because my riding lawn mower has 2 flat tires and stopped running the last day I used it.....
I don't know what it is about lawn mower tires. With my Snapper rear engine rider I finally gave up and purchased new wheels with tires. It made it a couple of seasons but now I have to air up the right front tire before every use. I tried a sealer but it was a waste it didn't even make it one season. If I forget to air it up I have twist a rope around it to get the bead to re-seal. The last time I used Armor All on the bead to help it slip into place I haven't checked it but it's about time to mow again.

I didn't have the problem with my first Snapper back when they had handlebars. Maybe the tires has tubes back then.

Here we go again... Every time the Democrats give free money away like yesterday, corporations are going to get them some. Relieved of that $10,000 student loan? Get a Mustang EV! We are only hiking our price by $8100! You were in school long enough to know the difference in that! You can buy all kinds of groceries to go in your new car!

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/ford-hiking-electric-mustang-mach-e-prices

Wife and I were hanging out in the sun room last night around 9pm. Looking out the big sliding glass door, I saw movement halfway up the brick wall of the back of the garage. At first some part of my brain thought "We don't live where there are scorpions or other huge bugs that large" and then I realized it was a frog. In fact there were two of them, crawling along the wall. Every once in a while a leg would slip but they'd quickly correct for it. It was pretty hilarious.

One frog was halfway up the wall and the other was up near the top, just a foot or so under the eaves, both of them crawling along from left to right. When they reached the service door I didn't know what they'd do, but they jumped and landed right in the middle of the door like it was nothing. Amazing. (That brick wall faces west so I figured maybe they're just absorbing the heat from it, but there's a security light above that door and they were surely there hunting the bugs that are attracted to the light.) I've never seen frogs crawl on a vertical surface like that. I was totally entranced. Wallfrogs!

Last edited:
When it rains I often have one or two tree frogs on my sliding glass door.

Shan, I like that planter.

I know you probably don't have time/energy for it any time soon but are you thinking about landscaping ideas for your lawn makeover?

True it's in need of some detailing but it makes me wonder why the pickup had to change to the monstrosities we see today.

1661559739797.png

Eddie, I think I already ranted to y'all about this but in the mid/late 50s Chevy made some of the most beautiful cars in the world. E.g. the 57 Bel Air, the 59 Impala. Now they make the ugliest pieces of crap we've ever seen.

Related: today I took my youngest to a playground and some other kid had left a few toys there by mistake. One of the toys was a matchbox car, specifically an 85 Honda City. One of my dream cars. I looked around, saw nobody was coming for it, and it is now on my coffee table. 😜

Shan, I'm glad you're getting some help. Yard looks better. I need to work on mine some more. Wish I could teach my cats how to cut weeds down. LOL. Also wish I knew someone who had goats I could borrow to come eat weeds.

Got up early yesterday and went to the post office to get some packages. Had to make 2 trips to the truck to get them all (they were bulky). Later in the day Mom fell down- lost her balance and fell backwards. She landed on a memory foam mat for the dogs so she wasn't hurt, but she weighs more than me and is taller than me so I couldn't get her up by myself. My brother tried picking her up but she had her slippers on and started flailing her legs around and his knee collapsed so he dropped her and halfway fell on top of her. We got her to scoot over so he could get behind her and I had her put her feet up against mine while I braced myself against a wall somewhat and she held onto my hands and we both got her up on her feet. She says she can't roll on to her knees bc she gets knee pain too much, but she doesn't try. She's so wide that she really didn't have much room though. I wonder if they sell devices to help people get up when the fall. I can at least roll and grab on to things but I'm not nearly as wide as she is.

Today I'm supposed to go pick up an rx for her. For now I'm resting and snuggling with the kitties. Rupert is obsessing over me. Followed me into the living room last night, then had to sleep on me all night, followed me into the bathroom this morning, and is sitting on me now. The AC actually got fairly cold last night so he helped me stay warm.

Eddie, I think I already ranted to y'all about this but in the mid/late 50s Chevy made some of the most beautiful cars in the world. E.g. the 57 Bel Air, the 59 Impala. Now they make the ugliest pieces of crap we've ever seen.

Related: today I took my youngest to a playground and some other kid had left a few toys there by mistake. One of the toys was a matchbox car, specifically an 85 Honda City. One of my dream cars. I looked around, saw nobody was coming for it, and it is now on my coffee table. 😜
I don't totally agree with your Chevrolet assessment. The C8 Corvette is beautiful looking a lot like some of the Ferraris and the Camaro is a really nice looking car with lots of cues from the early Camaros. Of course both drive and perform far better than their ancestors. I'd still love to own a C1 or a C2 Corvette. The last of the Impalas were not bad looking either. There has been talk they may bring that model back. Most of the rest of their stuff is trucks or SUVs. I guess it's in the eye of the beholder.

True it's in need of some detailing but it makes me wonder why the pickup had to change to the monstrosities we see today.

View attachment 28273
There's obviously a lot of extra metal on that old pickup covering the front wheels and more covering the engine when one hunk of metal does both on newer pickups...

The C8 Corvette is beautiful looking
C8 is ugliest Corvette ever... giant holes/scoops in the body... I thought I was seeing a C8 a week ago at a cruise night but when I saw the emblems realized it was a just as ugly latest Ford GT...

I wonder if they sell devices to help people get up when the fall.
Nursing homes and hospitals have trolley lifts from ceilings and cranes to help small nurses move huge old people... probably pricey though... maybe a 1 ton HF foldable engine crane would be less expensive. Takes up little space when folded up. Used to go on sale for $99 before 1/19/2021. Now goes on sale for $230 :
https://www.harborfreight.com/media...a8332f9638515cd199dd0f9238da/6/1/61858_W3.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back