What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You may need a different health insurer, unless tied into one by a job... I'm fortunate to get MRI's, X-rays, and most other such free via VA... and my new Medicare provider pays for dental including tooth implants(which are wonderful. like real teeth)...
I'm going to try to get free tooth implants from the VA because the Army insisted on drilling 2 teeth that could have been healed. Long shot, but my Brother has 2 implants and he says he would replace all his teeth, which are all good, if he could afford it. He raves about the implants and how easy it is to floss etc...

Someone we know must have missed this;

The "X" comes from the Greek letter Chi, which is the first letter of the Greek word Christós (Greek: Χριστός), which became Christ in English. The suffix -mas is from the Latin-derived Old English word for Mass.

Someone we know must have missed this; The "X" comes from the Greek letter Chi, which is the first letter of the Greek word Christós (Greek: Χριστός), which became Christ in English. The suffix -mas is from the Latin-derived Old English word for Mass.
I knew all that long ago... I also speak Latin... but it still doesn't cause me to succumb to evil mass murdering addictions...

How do you like your roll bar boat?
That boat is a 1987 American Skier. It was built at a time when Ski Nautique, Mastercraft and American Skier all looked alike. I bought this one in 1995 from a family that owned Colonial Doughnut in the Bay Area (San Francisco). They gave me an old round Parasail with it but showed me pictures of disastrous wipe outs while trying to launch the thing. Back then, they were launching from shore and hopping along the beach until they got airborne. These days they would use a wench and just crank out the rope as you catch the wind. Much safer. Anyway, by the time I got around to trying the parasail, Mice had eaten enough of it to make it garbage.

The Boat has a Ford 351 engine in it with a 4 barrel carb. It produces 260HP which means that engine isn't even breathing hard at full power.

I installed the tower mostly for my boys who wanted to wakeboard more than ski. They are grown and doing their own thing now but I keep the tower on there because while skiing, putting the rope higher makes it easier to get up. #Lazy_old_out_of_shape_guy.

We've had a lot of fun in this old girl over the years.

IMG_0636.JPG

IMG_1053.JPG
DSC05400.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0655.JPG
    IMG_0655.JPG
    238 KB · Views: 0
All you fellas who want to make there wives happy, I APPLAUD YOU!

No.... could you formulate a list of men 45-55 who feel the same and send them my way? 🤣🤪🤣🤪🤣🤪🤣🤪. (There are other requirements, but this is a start lol)
That reminds me of a comment my wife's internist made to me. I was explaining an argument I had with another doctor. My wife had a lump appear on her back in less that 24 hrs. I took her her to urgent care where the doctor diagnosed it as a lipoma, gave us a referral to a surgeon and said it did not appear overnight. I told the internist that it had in fact appeared overnight as I washed my wife's back every morning and one morning there it was.

The internist told me that she would never tell me that I didn't see what I saw and went on to say she hoped she could find a husband that would wash her back every day.

BTW the "so-called" lipoma disappeared almost as fast as it appeared and I tossed the referral in the round file.

A friend just sold one of the earlier Mastercraft low-wake ski boats. His had the Ford 351. My son worked at Mastercraft because as a former Yamaha tech rep he was familiar with the engine used in the Mastercraft WaveRunners. Mastercraft had switched to Chevy engines (Corvette class blocks) for the ski boats. He could borrow one anytime he wanted, sweet boats.

Interestingly the paved launching ramp appeared coming out of the water on the other side of that little neck of the lake Tellico. It was a paved road before the lake flooded it.

I met Flo Shirley she told of Rob and her laying the fiberglass for his prototype low-wake ski boat.

Last edited:
I didn't realize I had stepped into a running family argument. I was over for supper with the dad. The son was temporarily storing his boat in one bay of the detached garage. I knew it was there and had heard his dad fuss about the overpriced boat but didn't know it was a Mastercraft. He had the detached garage door open and I saw the Mastercraft and immediately asked the son which engine it had in it and we got into a discussion of the boats history. Then he turned to his dad and said see I told you that boat was special. I thought OOPS! and quickly changed the subject.

Thanks, Redneck.
I always hated Christmas lights. The blinking pattern annoys me. I'm a curmudgeon. LOL.
Salads may not be the healthiest but I like certain types. I like the ranch dressing and the lettuce.
I got up and fed the kitties early this morning and then went back to sleep until after 3pm. I needed the rest.
Still need to take the trash out and do more cleanup. I'm going to have to get more cleaning done before the new microwave arrives tomorrow. I should have a couple of packages tomorrow. My sister's package will arrive Friday.
Rupert is in super cuddle mode with me right now and is purring soothingly for me. I think my brother already left for work and Mom is still sleeping. She stayed up all night.

Simmering thin spaghetti. The sauce (or gravy as the Italians call it) is ready but after 15 minutes of boiling the noodles are still chewy. I turned them down on low for a while to see what happens. No doubt the noodles have been on hand too long but I am committed now.

Simmering thin spaghetti. The sauce (or gravy as the Italians call it) is ready but after 15 minutes of boiling the noodles are still chewy. I turned them down on low for a while to see what happens. No doubt the noodles have been on hand too long but I am committed now.
Yikes! 15minutes is a long time for pasta. I cook whole wheat spaghetti for 9 minutes.

I make good meatballs. I use bread crumbs, worstershire, salt, pepper, and egg in the hamburger. They are almost meatloaf but really tasty.

Ya'll are cracking me up! I am 51 years and 16 days old lol. Thats a narrow ago range I gave lol.

I have no desire to be on a dating site, I don't even know that I want to date. It seems kinda gross currently 🤣🤪.
At this point, I would probably have way too many check boxes to mark off. I won't say I am totally opposed, because everything can change.
HOWEVER, its gonna take a miracle currently.

Now, @BuzzLOL, there was an incident in the city I work, where there was an argument outside a bar that lead to shots fired. These shots traveled across the street and into a business called DP Dough. There was a young man working there that was struck by a bullet in the head. He ended up dying. He was an organ donor and there were matches for nearly everything. He had only worked there for a week. I donated to his cremation expenses. I wanted to help his family, because I know it has to be heartbreaking for them. The dude was just trying to work.
Here's a link D.P. Dough employee struck by stray bullet dies

I am so incredibly blessed, my oldest had left DP Dough about 20 minutes prior to this incident, he was on lunch for work, working midnights.

I'm heading to sleep, I'm pooped!
Have a great night!

I have no desire to be on a dating site, I don't even know that I want to date. It seems kinda gross currently 🤣🤪.

Now, @BuzzLOL, there was an incident in the city I work, where there was an argument outside a bar that lead to shots fired. These shots traveled across the street and into a business called DP Dough. There was a young man working there that was struck by a bullet in the head. He ended up dying.
You're the one who asked... we just suggest a fix...
Just another victim of the Democrats' beloved junkies CRIME WAVE... 75 MURDERS DAILY... I'm against it... but I'm just one person... and too many millions of people just re-voted FOR it...

Back