What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya'll are cracking me up! I am 51 years and 16 days old lol. Thats a narrow ago range I gave lol.
You are a very young looking 51!

I have no desire to be on a dating site, I don't even know that I want to date. It seems kinda gross currently 🤣🤪.
At this point, I would probably have way too many check boxes to mark off. I won't say I am totally opposed, because everything can change.
HOWEVER, its gonna take a miracle currently.

I met Ruby on a dating site. I didn't think I would ever do it either but a friend talked me into it. Turns out, Ruby had to be talked into it too. It worked well for us. I like being in a relationship but I don't particularly like what it takes to start a relationship...like asking for the first date. Very awkward. I mean, where do you find potential dates these days? I don't frequent bars and I just don't run into a lot of single women on a day to day basis. Even though Ruby and I lived pretty close to each other, I doubt I would have ever run into her without the dating site.

The online thing starts with email correspondence, followed by phone calls, followed by a meeting at a coffee shop or something like that. You both already know quite a bit about each other by then. Ruby's children knew my boys. She asked her kids what they thought of my two boys and they got a good review. One of our first dates was to take Ruby's daughter roller skating. Ruby was impressed that I was willing to put skates on and make a fool of myself.

I am so incredibly blessed, my oldest had left DP Dough about 20 minutes prior to this incident, he was on lunch for work, working midnights.
I'm glad he's okay! Take care!

Yikes! 15minutes is a long time for pasta. I cook whole wheat spaghetti for 9 minutes.

I make good meatballs. I use bread crumbs, worstershire, salt, pepper, and egg in the hamburger. They are almost meatloaf but really tasty.
I think I'll try meatballs with spiral pasta (easier to cook & easier to eat) and Alfredo sauce. I am not a real fan of tomato base sauces.

Just remembering another small town in that general area. IIRC it was pronounced Ārab by locals. We had a town in NC flooded by Fontana Lake that was pronounced Jāpan.
We have towns in Ohio named Cuba, Texas, Florida, Lodi... even Toledo, like Toledo, Spain, famous for the best swords/steels in the old days...

Simmering thin spaghetti. The sauce (or gravy as the Italians call it) is ready but after 15 minutes of boiling the noodles are still chewy. I turned them down on low for a while to see what happens. No doubt the noodles have been on hand too long but I am committed now.
Some brands of spaghetti noodles and egg noodles aren't that good... I avoid the egg noodles at Save-a-Lot...

Canned chili is nasty stuff though I know a guy that won a chili cook-off using Hormel canned chili as his base. There is some spice in canned chili that tastes like wood ashes to me. Could it be cumin, I don't have cumin in my spice rack? I was going to pick up Wendy's chili a few nights ago but there was so many cars in drive through that I couldn't get in. I tried a can of Stagg Dynamite Hot but it had that ashes taste.

I'm thinking about changing out the shower valve cartridge in the shower my Mother-In-Law uses. It's not the same valve I just installed. Her shower is a single handle Pressure balance valve. As it turns out, her valve is the same Moen valve that I installed in Ruby's and my bathroom. It has a different trim is all. Apparently, Moen has used the same valve for a long time....I guess that's good. If it works, don't change it.

The only thing holding me back is my motivation is super low. I had another setback on Tuesday at 2am. I woke up with bad chest pains. I waited to see if they would subside but they got worse so Ruby took me to ER. They recognized me there because of my frequent flyer miles with them. They immediately treated it as a possible heart attack and did an EKG and an Xray but it seems my heart is okay. I got a "GI Cocktail" and that seemed to help. End result was they think my Gall Bladder or Pancreas is not liking the meds that they have been giving me.

I went home because the GI Cocktail really helped and then a few hours later my throat started to swell up again. I went to my regular doctor (because it was now later in the day). My doctor gave me more meds but wants me to do a stress test (for the heart) just to be sure.

So I'm sitting here with laryngitis, ringing in my ears, and a headache thinking about installing this valve. So to sum it up...I'm having a reaction from the meds that were to counteract a bad reaction to antibiotics that were a result of an infection from surgery that was ordered because of a colonoscopy that was a result of a positive cologuard test.

IMG_3101.jpg

I had a colonoscopy when I was young during the workday and went right back to work. Now that they have more modern smaller cameras they use anesthesia and won't do the procedure if you don't have a driver. I tried to tell them I would just hang out in the lobby and read a book but they said no, so I said no. Actually my wife wife had a colonoscopy which led to a long chain of events that may have finally led to her death so I wasn't too keen on the idea anyway.

Well, good morning Friends, yes, it's almost afternoon... but just got up about an hour ago... having my coffee... checking my emails, and then this place...

Well, I have gotta move the truck off the front lawn and put it at the end of the laneway close to the road... But we are expecting 3 feet of snow starting tonight... Haven't seen that kind of snowfall for about 20 years... Back in 2003 was coming home from work... when one of the principals asked me how was I getting home that evening... I said, drive like I always do... I was in union meetings all day, and it rained in Ottawa all day... She told me to go watch the news on her television in her office... They said Carleton Place, Perth, was buried in a snowstorm...
and that highway 7 was closed... I said, Oh, I'll figure it out... To shorten the story, when I took the main highway out of Ottawa and got to highway 7, the OPP was on the edge of the road with flashing lights... I pulled up to him, and asked if the highway was open, he said just, and if I hurry up, I can follow the plow into Carleton Place... When I finally caught up to the plow on highway 7... Yup, there he was on his side, in the ditch... What usually took me half an hour to drive into Carleton Place, took me just over 4 hours... at 10 - 15 km...

Anyways, that's the type of snow we are expecting starting tonight... The best thing, is I will be at home...

All you fellas who want to make there wives happy, I APPLAUD YOU!

Now... could you formulate a list of men 45-55 who feel the same and send them my way? 🤣🤪🤣🤪🤣🤪🤣🤪. (There are other requirements, but this is a start lol)

@zannej I am sorry for your loss :-(

@shan2themax
I could probably work it out, I could spend a few half days with YOU... LOL...

Well, Kids, should go and get some breakfast/lunch... and then go and move the truck... and make sure we are ready for that pile of snow... So I hope YOU all have a GREAT day... And remember to smile always... It confuses and worries people when they see you walking around and smiling...

Cheers~

Canned chili is nasty stuff though I know a guy that won a chili cook-off using Hormel canned chili as his base. There is some spice in canned chili that tastes like wood ashes to me. Could it be cumin, I don't have cumin in my spice rack? I was going to pick up Wendy's chili a few nights ago but there was so many cars in drive through that I couldn't get in. I tried a can of Stagg Dynamite Hot but it had that ashes taste.
In my recipes, the only times I have killed a dish is with too much Cumin or Onion powder... I don't remember the wood ash taste though. As far as canned Chili, I ate Hormel by the Gallon it seemed as a kid, but the only brand I remember buying for myself is Stagg.

Ron, good luck... I know what a Heart Attack feels like and the many imposters as well. I would suggest drinking Cayenne Tea once a week or more just for the fun of it, but it strengthens the Heart. You have to check for any interactions with the drugs though...

https://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/naturalfood/cayenne
I recommend everyone seek out alternative Functional MD's instead of the drug dealer Allopathic MD's because for one, I have never seen a healthy person that takes drugs, and for two, Functional MD's can reverse all disease by treating the root cause instead of using bandaids like drugs that do nothing but cover the symptoms while creating side effects that need more drugs.

https://www.ifm.org/find-a-practitioner/

Ron, good luck... I know what a Heart Attack feels like and the many imposters as well. I would suggest drinking Cayenne Tea once a week or more just for the fun of it, but it strengthens the Heart. You have to check for any interactions with the drugs though...

https://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/naturalfood/cayenne
I recommend everyone seek out alternative Functional MD's instead of the drug dealer Allopathic MD's because for one, I have never seen a healthy person that takes drugs, and for two, Functional MD's can reverse all disease by treating the root cause instead of using bandaids like drugs that do nothing but cover the symptoms while creating side effects that need more drugs.

https://www.ifm.org/find-a-practitioner/
Good Info! Thanks!

Just left the MD..... had a chest x-ray and labs done, got 2 new prescriptions 😒😒😒. Hoping to make them temporary. Heading to the store to make sure I have everything for Thanksgiving.... then headed to habitat for humanity and then home to put a small kitchen island together. Hopefully it won't be terrible, because some of the reviews said it was horrible to put together....

Then I will reply to these posts!

Just left the MD..... had a chest x-ray and labs done, got 2 new prescriptions 😒😒😒. Hoping to make them temporary. Heading to the store to make sure I have everything for Thanksgiving.... then headed to habitat for humanity and then home to put a small kitchen island together. Hopefully it won't be terrible, because some of the reviews said it was horrible to put together....

Then I will reply to these posts!
Good Luck!

Well, I have gotta move the truck off the front lawn and put it at the end of the laneway close to the road... But we are expecting 3 feet of snow starting tonight... Haven't seen that kind of snowfall for about 20 years... Back in 2003 was coming home from work...
1967 was going to GMI in Flint Michigan and staying at a fraternity house and we got 30" one night and 6" more in the daytime... the cars in the lot looked like bumps in the snow, here and there could see a side window... fortunately, they have the equipment around there to deal with that... couple days and the main roads were open... typical fraternity style we gathered around an Olds 442 and carried it out and parked it near the main road in case anybody had to get somewhere... once back in Toledo I was surprised to be able to see the grass through a thin coat of ice... Ann Arbor seems to be the 'snow line'... above that, snow is measured in feet, below that in inches...

Latest posts

Back