What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished the table. Blimey, everything fit just right. Snug, even! I had to hammer the skirt/collar into place with the heel of my hand. Couldn'ta gone better, really. No glue, no fasteners, just clicked together like a puzzle. I just have to remember if I ever move it not to lift it by the skirt.

Photo on 6-21-23 at 13.56 #2.jpg

Spicoli, if they keep bothering me I will go down there physically and tell them to stop sending me bills I don't owe. I'll mention it to the doctor's office again as well.
Make sure to mention you will sue them into the Stone Age. Your complaints are in one ear and out the other unless you have leverage. There's plenty of legit emotional distress you can claim, as could anyone facing collections and a credit score hit for 7 years or so...

Make sure to mention you will sue them into the Stone Age. Your complaints are in one ear and out the other unless you have leverage. There's plenty of legit emotional distress you can claim, as could anyone facing collections and a credit score hit for 7 years or so...
For bonus points, look up similar suits/court cases where the plaintiff won, memorize the names and years of those cases, then namedrop. Threatening to sue is one thing, threatening to sue and making the threat sound credible is quite another.

(Sample search, yours might be different: list of lawsuits against the va at DuckDuckGo)

For bonus points, look up similar suits/court cases where the plaintiff won, memorize the names and years of those cases, then namedrop. Threatening to sue is one thing, threatening to sue and making the threat sound credible is quite another.

(Sample search, yours might be different: list of lawsuits against the va at DuckDuckGo)
Yeah, which works by email or voice mail. If in person, the Joe or Jane Schmoe won't be affected by that.

I won't post a link as many could care less but do a search for JIm Caviezel + Prophets and Patriots if interested in our nation's children.

Last edited:
Yeah, which works by email or voice mail. If in person, the Joe or Jane Schmoe won't be affected by that.
In person it probably helps to be well-dressed and groomed so you look like someone who might actually have a lawyer. People in crocks and pajamas don't look like they have lawyers.

So..... I posted some junk yesterday, literal junk..... totes filthy from storage/mice excrement, a portable gazebo with cat scratches, an old rattan type couch that was filthy with mouse excrement and storage and a dog crate with no liner all got picked up today..... remember the 100% usable dresser that noone showed up for? Still sitting there, hopeful to burn it next turn off. There are some other things out there, lawn chair, metal wicker chair with wicker broken, rusty metal cabinet..... I suppose someone will pick that up while I am at work this week lol. I am amazed

To clarify-- its not the VA harassing me, its the local hospital. When I first got the bill I thought it was for my mother but her insurance covered her stuff. They confirmed it was for me and I called BS on it right from the get-go. Told them there is no way the bloodwork cost that much to begin with & that I had already paid bc I had it done at my doctor's office.

I'll have to wash some of my better clothes and go in to tell them I am absolutely not paying something I don't owe.

I took my new shoes back to shoe carnival and they gave me no trouble returning them. I said I would do an exchange if I could find some that fit better. Not sure why the shoes felt ok in the store but hurt my feet when I got home. The right one was particularly bad. Really squeezed hard. Ended up finding a pair I hadn't seen before. Well, I saw the style and saw them in the normal width size and they didn't fit. But then I found one box of the shoes in wide and they fit. Less expensive too so I got a partial refund on top of the exchange.

Talked to my friend and if the extension piece for my showerhead comes in tomorrow he'll be able to finish up the plumbing on my shower. He is going to give us back the showerhead thing we got for him (which has a long slidebar and handheld and a rainshower up top) because he wants a different kind of showerhead. We can use that one for Mom's bathroom instead of the Moen one that has the diverter up high. The diverter on this one will be in reach and the slidebar is longer. So it works out. We can sell the other one I suppose.

I stopped at the post office for mail and then grabbed sweet feed for the cows on the way home. Poor younger cow is still limping but was walking faster than the other day. They have been holing up in the derelict barn. Really need to get a better barn built for them in case that one collapses completely.

Took a trim board that I scabbed stuff on to and caulked down to the workshop to put primer on it bc I'm going to paint some of the seams. Even if the seams still show I don't care so long as no water gets in.

I won't post a link as many could care less but do a search for JIm Caviezel + Prophets and Patriots if interested in our nation's children.
"You want to put a rainbow flag on Mickey Mouse? That’s fine. I never asked them to put a Star of David, or a Crucifix, or a cross on Mickey’s ears. Why are you doing that? Why are you putting the rainbow flag above the President of the United States? Above the United States flag?

In person it probably helps to be well-dressed and groomed so you look like someone who might actually have a lawyer. People in crocks and pajamas don't look like they have lawyers.
Crocs, the pants that Eddie talks about? If I were a Manager or Owner, I would take every lawsuit threat serious. I have seen ridiculous class action suits by Ambulance chaser "law firms" who are the D-team that got their JD degrees at the bottom of a Cracker Jack box... Like somebody's drink is a half ounce less than advertised... Should be paying the company for prolonging the Diabetes diagnosis instead of suing them.

BUT... As far as wearing crappy clothes, if I were rich, I would get a cashiers check for what I thought was 25% of a vehicle times 3. I would look horrible, no shower, hair messy, rips in pants etc... I would skip the salesman and go straight to the Sales manager and say I wanted to see the latest year and make of whatever.

Any hint of "Well, we don't really cater to".... I would stand up, pull the cashiers check out of my pocket and say "That's too bad, I wanted to finance 75% on 3 of them, guess I'll go elsewhere"... That might not be effective if I was paying all cash, but the financing walking out the door would be difficult to explain to the owner.

If the Manager said "Sure, lets find you a salesman", I would say "Thanks, I will finance 3 with your most junior salesman.

Is it a whole series? My entire Unit took a Blue Bird bus to see Passion in 2002, lots of Soldiers walked out of there stunned.

So..... I posted some junk yesterday, literal junk..... totes filthy from storage/mice excrement, a portable gazebo with cat scratches, an old rattan type couch that was filthy with mouse excrement and storage and a dog crate with no liner all got picked up today..... remember the 100% usable dresser that noone showed up for? Still sitting there, hopeful to burn it next turn off. There are some other things out there, lawn chair, metal wicker chair with wicker broken, rusty metal cabinet..... I suppose someone will pick that up while I am at work this week lol. I am amazed
People pick up couches and recover them. If you stripped them to the frame you could sell that. If you have just a few specialty tools, you can recover any couch / recliner... I have seen videos of people that just buy the foam and fabric or fake leather and that's half of it.

Aliens. The same ones that put up the Pyramids, stuck around to do Magic... Not Human.

Is it a whole series? My entire Unit took a Blue Bird bus to see Passion in 2002, lots of Soldiers walked out of there stunned.
It's a 2:15 hr movie. What I liked about the interview was Caviezel's boldness. What other actor would say he would drink p*** before he would drink a Bud-Lite?

It's a 2:15 hr movie. What I liked about the interview was Caviezel's boldness. What other actor would say he would drink p*** before he would drink a Bud-Lite?
Dang! I was a craft beer snob once but I never thought Bud Lite was that bad. (Sam Adams on the other hand...) These days Bud Zero is my go-to.

Dang! I was a craft beer snob once but I never thought Bud Lite was that bad. (Sam Adams on the other hand...) These days Bud Zero is my go-to.
I was doing Coor's or Miller light for what little I drink but purchased some Miller High Life because it was on sale and never went back. Turns out that it's cheaper than other brands as well. Caviezel was addressing the Bud boycott.

My nephew is a partner in The Beer Hog (Pelham AL). IIRC at last count they featured 65 craft beers served in a family friendly environment.

Last edited:
I was doing Coor's or Miller light for what little I drink but purchased some Miller High Life because it was on sale and never went back. Turns out that it's cheaper than other brands as well. Caviezel was addressing the Bud boycott.
I used to enjoy MHL too back when I drank. I considered it the best of the "cheap" beers. Too bad there's no non-alcoholic or alcohol-free version. Regular Coors was another good one, as was Molson...I wonder if they have AF versions.

I don't know anything about a Bud boycott. I'll go out on a limb and guess it's over something stupid, and that Budweiser did not start poisoning children in the third world, sending money to tyrannical dictators, bombing innocent civilians, or committing genocides. Until someone shows me that they did do something like that, I will continue to avoid the news and enjoy my affordable zero-alcohol beer.

Back