What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, you're afraid to answer, "So, the US is the devil in disguise, to you.", got it.

What happens when you give the answer in the first post, then every post by someone else after that is twisted to include additional info that has nothing to do with anything?

What happens when you explain it over and over and finally give a concise to the point example of the answer and it still flies over someone's head?

That's called unreachable.

I'm going to need to aggressively sand the very top of the door and the frame in that area to make sure the door will shut. Right now its is catching (but it was catching before I primed it). I suspect the frame isn't actually secured properly & that it has moved a

Do all the gaps around the door look even?

Last edited:
Read about the Rape of Nanjing, that massacre is considered one of the worst atrocities of WWII. I think the Japanese were even worse than radical Islamists. They were not prepared to surrender it took atrocious action to beat them into submission. They finally got the picture that it was binary, surrender or annihilation. Should the Japanese have won WWII the Rape of Nanjing would have been repeated in many places. My friend who survived Japanese enslavement shook General Tibbet's hand and thanked him for his role in ending the war.

Do all the gaps around the door look even?
No. It looks like the gap gets wider toward the bottom so the door may be tipped. Havasu reminded me that my brother may have done something to the door. Before it was the opposite-- bottom kept catching, but my friend adjusted it to close evenly. But the other day (before I primed it) there were wasps on the door and my brother started beating the hell out of it with a 25lb sack of cat food. He may have messed with the hinges. It's also possible the frame shifted because I don't think it was installed properly. The original frame was solid but the neighbors broke it when they broke in to steal stuff when we weren't home (after we changed the locks). The people who replaced the doorframe did not do a good job. Charged $400 just for the frame back in 2001.
Darn it Ron...Now I'm craving a big ol' slice of chocolate cake, with a cold glass of milk!
Me too!

It's hot and I'm having to wait for my friend to get his ex to come pick up the toddler (who will be 3 on the 20th and still can't really speak) so he can come out here and work on some electrical.

I tried to clean up the siding more but crud wasn't coming off and I got too hot. Was too hot to even try taping stuff up. I'm hoping it might be cooler tomorrow.

Got a curbside pickup for Samsclub scheduled-- earliest it would let me schedule was 6pm to 7pm today. Given that stuff isn't ready until 2hrs after the end time period, I'm hoping they actually have it ready before the store closes at 8. I plan to be there around 7:30pm and if its not ready I'm going to go in and complain. Will have to make a call to their CS about only staffing one person to curbside.

What happens when you give the answer in the first post, then every post by someone else after that is twisted to include additional info that has nothing to do with anything?

What happens when you explain it over and over and finally give a concise to the point example of the answer and it still flies over someone's head?

That's called unreachable.
It is unfortunate that the whole story escaped an agenda specific account, designed to elicit a plagiarized opinion.

It is unfortunate that the whole story escaped an agenda specific account, designed to elicit a plagiarized opinion.
Designed to illicit an answer, in which my 5 year old in the scenario, or any real 5 year old for that matter, could figure out. Keep running around in circles though, that seems to be comfortable for you.

Darn it Ron...Now I'm craving a big ol' slice of chocolate cake, with a cold glass of milk!
Here’s a picture…it was really good!

IMG_5497.jpeg

See! It says 29 on it. Add 39 to that to be accurate!

This is my granddaughter, Reyna, wearing a hat Ruby got for me because Reyna calls me Papa.

IMG_5485.jpeg

Cool Kid, not so much for the Cake... I will not consume Cake... No Twinkies or Donuts, nothin... The thought of chewing on dry.... I don't even know what to call it just revolts me.

Probably has wood pulp in it.

Sorry, I mean Happy Birthday!

Cool Kid, not so much for the Cake... I will not consume Cake... No Twinkies or Donuts, nothin... The thought of chewing on dry.... I don't even know what to call it just revolts me.

Probably has wood pulp in it.

Sorry, I mean Happy Birthday!
Thanks Spicoli! I ate mine with ice cream. It was delicious! Although, I did have a bad reaction the next morning.

Next week, Ruby and I are going to my 50th High School reunion. Out of eight hundred and some kids, over a hundred have passed.

I wasn’t the most athletic. I wasn’t the smartest, best looking, or most popular kid in school but for some reason, I’m still chugging along and fairly healthy for my age. I wonder why?

No. It looks like the gap gets wider toward the bottom so the door may be tipped. Havasu reminded me that my brother may have done something to the door. Before it was the opposite-- bottom kept catching, but my friend adjusted it to close evenly. But the other day (before I primed it) there were wasps on the door and my brother started beating the hell out of it with a 25lb sack of cat food.

Does your door look like this at the top?

IMG_5502.jpeg

My Mom could make a moist double chocolate fudge cake. She actually made fudge to ice the cake (I wonder why they call it icing or frosting). Before the fudge was ready to spread she would spoon some over the layers and let it soak in. I recall her asking me regarding covered dish suppers why amongst all the desserts presented I always homed in on hers. As a kid not realizing I was paying her a complement, I said I've tried some of the others and they are too dry.

Does your door look like this at the top?

View attachment 31452
rosy red cheeks of the little children

I thought Zan's door would look good antiqued. A friend of my master builder friend could get that effect even on a metal door. He painted the interior of my friend's entry door to match his wormy chestnut wainscoting.

I actually looked in my pantry to see if a cake mix might be hiding there. If so it had been hiding over five years.

Reyna is precious!

Last edited:
Can't we all just get along? Casting aspersions isn't going to settle anything.

Ron, that cake looks delicious! My mom used to make our birthday cakes. Fortunately, all of us love chocolate so it was always chocolate cakes. She used box mix (can't remember which brand) and it always turned out great.

I do like the medieval style doors, but doesn't quite fit on my house.

Last night I took a shower before bed & used the 72hr deodorant. Got woken up around 3:30am or so because I smelled something burning. My brother re-used parchment paper that had soy sauce already cooked into it and it started burning (but not setting anything on fire) and smelled terrible. Went back to sleep until around 8:30am. Was too hot outside to do anything by then.

Went to post office and Walmart. Met up with my friend and got him some groceries and gas. Saw another friend who recently lost his older brother to lung cancer. Brother wasn't even 58 yet and had never smoked. But he'd been around nuclear stuff in the air force and apparently joked to his buddies that they were all going to get cancer. Friend looked really down, but I can't blame him. He lost his grandmother, both parents, and now brother to cancer. His little sister has had it a few times but has survived.

Post office still hasn't found my missing package but seller told me if it didn't arrive by today they will send another one out. About to contact them and let them know. They were very good about it and didn't give me any problems so that is a relief.

On the way home around 4:45pm it was 105°F. Just walking from my truck to the store I started sweating so badly that I could smell my own armpits (although, that was after I went to the post office). I don't want to know what temp it was around noon. Heat index was 110 around 5pm.

Planning to set an alarm to get up at dawn tomorrow to work on the door. We'll see if I hit snooze or actually get up.

Was it this site where people mentioned search engines? Anyone remember Infoseek that allowed Boolean searches? You could put in + to include something and - to exclude search terms? I really liked that one. Also liked the search within a search option.

I was musing while having a root beer float recalling that on a visit to NJ my first cousin put milk in root beer. Maybe that's a poor man's root beer float. I understand that in NY they have a NY Egg Cream which lacks both egg and cream (maybe it's a poor man's chocolate soda). I have made carbonated chocolate milk which is probably similar.

I used a soft shackle to connect a two pulley force multiplier to my heavy 16' wood garage door. The springs need to be readjusted with balanced tension. I have never been able to get it smooth enough to use an opener. Maybe it's time to get a newer lighter weight door. However they are pricey and I can't find a design that I like. My builder friend added some lightweight white cedar strips to the run-of-the-mill slab door of a mutual friend that gave it a craftsman look. He also modified the front entry for a craftsman look. Craftsman won't work for me but maybe with some creative faux panel painting I could get the SW look. I have seen pics of slab entry doors that were completely altered for curb appeal so it should work for a garage door. I like verdigris but I'm already committed to antique red on my double entry doors. I have a friend who painted the front of a CBS house in FL to look like antique brick veneer however he was a graphic artist.

Last edited:
Series I found with a host I have seen on other documentaries...

Tubi

Decoding The Ancients.

I watched Episode 1 last night...

WHOA.... Maybe true, maybe not... No real way to find out, but WHOA...

Latest posts

Back