yard has poor drainage

Discussion in 'General Home Improvement Discussion' started by todd_k, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Jan 15, 2007 #1

todd_k

todd_k

todd_k

My yard, especially the back yard, does not drain well. There can be small puddles of standing water in a couple spots which worries me during the summer months due to mosquitoes. I also would like to fence the backyard for my dog bit I'm afraid he would make it a mud pit in no time.

How can I improve the drainage? There is a low spot to bording the right side of my property that funnels down to a drain pipe toward the front of the property.

Bordering my back property is a road, do you think the slope of the road/ditch sends most of the road rain water onto my property? Is these something I could get the county to do to fix the drainage problem?

2. Jan 15, 2007 #2

glennjanie

glennjanie

glennjanie

Hello Todd:
    Yes, you should get the county road foreman to come out and look at your situation. Where I live the county road department cleans their ditches occasionally (which would probably help) and they dump the dirt where ever someone needs a little fill. If your folks would dump a few loads of dirt for you, it would make your back yard higher which would also help. You might have to spread the dirt and seed it but the rest of it would be a service you pay your taxes for. Let us know how you come out with them.
    Glenn

3. Jan 16, 2007 #3

todd_k

todd_k

todd_k

I will check with the county, hopefully there will be helpful.

4. Sep 26, 2007 #4

travelover

travelover

travelover

Kathleen H, it is pretty obvious from your multiple posts with links to the same web site that you are a spammer. And your website is not very good. :mad: