Your favorite ride?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I am going to have to say my 73 Ford pickup was my favorite. One day I will get another and toss a Cummins in it.

Bought this when I graduated college. It's fast, fun, and safe. Anything faster or RWD and I'd be dead by now.

Subaru.jpg

I can't wait for the day I own something that gets more than 15 MPG.

62 Chevy Bel-Air convertible, marina blue with a white top. Learned how to drive in that car, it was my first. Sitting here at the key board I'm remembering the girl friends, my high school friends, the drive-ins, underage beer drinking, the fights, first jobs, how simply life was in 1967. Been a lot of miles down the road since the first one I took in that car.

I can't wait for the day I own something that gets more than 15 MPG.

I usually get 19-23 on 91 Octane depending on I've been driving. Turbo cars are great if you can keep your foot out of them, which I can't for the most part.

URGH..................some lady rear ended me in the Subaru last night. Car was flawless until that moment......................At least she had insurance

That sucks! I would rather have a totaled car then a fixed car myself.

Thankfully it's all cosmetic and working in the automotive industry, it's pretty easy to make sure that my stuff is fixed right the first time around. Got a quote this afternoon. $2400 to cover for all new parts, paint, and install.

I am picky, when my 5th wheel fell off my truck and crushed the bed it had to be fixed and I can still tell where the work was done. The orange peel on the paint is different and just little things here and there that bug me.

In my opinion, most body shops don't know how to finish paint. It takes a good detail shop to to do a good cut and buff. You might try taking it to one and have them do the entire truck. If there is any orange peel left when they're done, I'd be very surprised.

Allen, speaking of paint, how is the project coming along?

Good, we got everything fired back up yesterday. Production should commence again tonight on "the project" lol

It is going to be a great Christmas!

Back