General overhaul...ongoing(pix!!!)

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sink
DSC02430.jpg

I dont have much time today, tell me what you think.

Cabinets look great, I'm just not a fan of the red,,,sorry.:eek:
What are you doing for trim? Backsplash?
Keep it up, those kids come fast.:D

Thanks Inspector. The red looks much more rich, and alot less vibrant in person, but to each his own...we like it.

These pics look like crap, I used photobucket to resize them, and they got muddy. Ill resize with photoshop later and repost them.

I'm sure it looks great in person, and you did a really nice job picking that kitchen. It's like seeing a picture of the Grand canyon....does nothing compared to actually seeing it in real life.

Keep on postin.:D

Sure do miss the updates on your project, just wondering how it has been going?

sorry everyone. We have been really busy with the pregnancy, hurrican Gustav, adn working on the house. We got hit with alot all at once. Im going to be doing alot of work this weekend, adn I have my own internet service now, so the updates will start rolling in again.

Thanks for sticking with me, and for all the great comments. Drywall, and frame work on the agenda for this weekend. In the living room.:D

Your doing great, no need to apologize.:)
I remember my first fixer upper, lots of work and my wife was'nt even prego yet.
We just like what you have done and need our fix from time to time. Those DIY TV shows have nothin compared to you.:D

I just realized I have had over 8 thousand views to this thread. Wow, that is my highest number of views ever for any forum, adn Im on alot of forums. Cats, Dogs, Truck, Car, Bike, House, Fishing, Hunting, Airbrushing...the list goes on.

OK, well it took a long time but I finally got a weekend to do some work on the house. I installed a cheap kitchen faucet just to get us by, it was 12 bux, so no pics of that. Got the freebie dishwaser installed, just to get us by, again no pics of that. BUT, I did finish the drywall in the living room, taped, mudded, floated, and textured all that...Woot.

This thing is coming along. This week I hope to primer the walls and ceiling, and be ready for paint by this weekend, and speaking of paint that starts us off with the pics.

Here is the color we chose for the living room walls. I know its hard to really picture the color but its very nice...called ''Trenchcoat Kakhi.''
DSC02560.jpg

One of my employees was replacing the carpet in his living room with bamboo hardwood, so I helped him rip out the carpet for the fee of keeping it. Carpet is basically in perfect condition, and will be going in the babys room.
DSC02558.jpg

This is the texture the ceiling got. Particles from a speck up to 1/4 inch.
DSC02557.jpg

This is the texture the walls got. Particles from a speck up to 1/8th inch. I also caulked the corners to round them off and stave off any future cracking from movement during our reduculously hot summers.
DSC02556.jpg

And for the walls, man Im tellin ya, tinting the texture with a color really helps keep it even. Im not great at that yet, but the color really helps alot.
DSC02553.jpg

DSC02554.jpg

DSC02555.jpg

DSC02552.jpg

Oh btw, wife is 11 weeks today. Pregnancy is going as normal...Woot.

What you guys think? Wood floor should be done in the living room by the end of next month. I cant friggin wait.

looking great. Glad to see the hurricanes haven't flooded you out and things are coming along smoothly. Congrats to your wife, mine is 19 weeks this week. get ready before you know it the kid will be here and then will be 1 already. get your house work done now it gets much harder to do when you have a kid who wants to play with ya:D :D

Get it done before the child arrives, and all that dust and offgassing starts.eww.:eek:
And an uh-oh on your house renovations. Sorry to say, but you should not have the electrical panel inside a closet.

They worry about starting fires in a closet with all those clothes packed in there.
As SGT, Schultz says..."I see nothing"...:) (That was my generation):D

Well acctually clothes arent goin in that closet. Just the vacume, carpet cleaner, and items like that. Oh, and the babys not due till Aprill so we still have ''some'' time.:eek:

Hey guys, not really an update on the house, all Ive managed to get done this week is paint the ceiling in the living room, but I did get this done.

I modeled the current house, and the way we want it done when complete for you to see. Check it out, adn tell me what you think.

This is the way we want it...Mostly anyway, there will be eceptions.
house.jpg

Both Houses, for the difference.
house2.jpg

Even though it doesnt look like it, they are to scale, and we will gain alot of floor space.
house3.jpg

What do you think?

You are ambitious!!:)
Check with a local realtor to see what kind of return on investment you will get.
Sometimes it is easier and cheaper to buy a new larger house, then sit back and enjoy your life.:D

But I like the drawings.;)

Yeah we are ambitious. We are going to have home depot do the roofing though, and Im going to build the dormers. I think. Maybe...well see.:eek:

Ok, people, at this very moment, I am staining some pine white wood that will be the casing for the archway of the wall removed in the master bedroom.

I also am going to be able to purchase two 3x6ft LowE2 glass windows from work for 50$, and those are going in the master as well.

I will be back later with some updates.

Well alot has happened since the last time we updated the thread. living room is almost done, although I dont have pics of that at this time. Maybe later. Anyway onto the recent progress.

Here is the color we chose for the living room, it is painted now, ill get pics of that later.
DSC02560-1.jpg

Oh...heres one, dont mind the junk everywhere, were living through a renovation here.
DSC02563.jpg

This is the babys room
DSC02565.jpg

another.
DSC02566.jpg

Yet another wall that had to come down.
DSC02568.jpg

Other side.
DSC02570.jpg

Woot
DSC02572.jpg

Again.
DSC02575.jpg

Another.
DSC02577.jpg

And...........one more
DSC02578.jpg

Done
DSC02585.jpg

This wood will case in the archway.
DSC02579.jpg

It will be stained a wallnut color to match our bedroom set.
DSC02582.jpg

the stain.
DSC02583.jpg

the two boards on the left have 2 coats, the right ones have only one. Two is the trick.
DSC02586.jpg

this guy was just about to piss me off.
DSC02588.jpg

Back