Hello New Guy Here

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Hello gang,

I am new and come with many questions. This year will be the 28th we have lived in the one and only house we have owned. Bought it new, along with all the poor construction methods and cheap finishes. It is about time I get to fixing all the problems that have arisen over the years. I look forward to hearing all of you wise suggestions and ideas. I am grateful there are still forums like this, as I don't do any kind of social media crud. I do have a background in construction, but it is with a specialty trade, so not much knowledge in general building. Oh, and please don't hold it against me, but I am stuck living on the rotten side of WA state. Thank you all for your time!

Welcome.
I value bologna and salmon equally, as barter.

Hi Snooby,
Well, I just happen to be full of bologna,, but I am not sure you want to hear it, or eat it. As for salmon, you may be in luck. Unfortunately, it is going to take me a bit to get a second mortgage on my home to afford it. You may have to wait a bit on that one. One question, if I may; what would be the correct forum to pose a question regarding French drains? Thanks for your greeting, and for any direction you may point me towards.

Here, the plumbing forum and havasu has a link to a dedicated sister plumbing forum.

:welcome: We are a small forum so we may not answer as quickly, but we don't have all the drama of the big guys ether. I think you will like it here.

Hello gang,

I am new and come with many questions. This year will be the 28th we have lived in the one and only house we have owned. Bought it new, along with all the poor construction methods and cheap finishes. It is about time I get to fixing all the problems that have arisen over the years. I look forward to hearing all of you wise suggestions and ideas. I am grateful there are still forums like this, as I don't do any kind of social media crud. I do have a background in construction, but it is with a specialty trade, so not much knowledge in general building. Oh, and please don't hold it against me, but I am stuck living on the rotten side of WA state. Thank you all for your time!
Welcome in... I spent a lot of time on both sides in King / Pierce as well as in Yak a Crack... I got out of that ..... (Radio Edit) State before it was trashed... I can't even go back to visit.

Welcome Art. Is so are you part of the Vandelay Industries fame? So which side is the rotten side of Washington? I've been there a few times. Flew into Seattle and drove to Pullman and both sides seemed nice to me. Although I must say once you're east of about Wenatchee there isn't much there.

Welcome Art. Is so are you part of the Vandelay Industries fame? So which side is the rotten side of Washington? I've been there a few times. Flew into Seattle and drove to Pullman and both sides seemed nice to me. Although I must say once you're east of about Wenatchee there isn't much there.
Thanks all, for such a kind welcoming!!

68bucks; yes, I am of that fame. I got out of latex, and latex related products. So, now, I am in the marine biology field. Just saved a whale today- had a Titleist golf ball clogging the big fish's blow hole. Something tells me, though, that an architect is my true calling.:)

The wet side is absolutely hell on Earth. Weather, traffic (some of the worst drivers you will encounter,) and some of the oddest and cold people you will find. And I have been stuck here my whole life. Once you crest the mountain passes, you will find yourself in another world. Love Wenatchee and Pullman and all their people! Spent lots of time in both locations. Now, my old bones need to find somewhere warmer and drier.

Again, thank you kind folks for the welcome!!

I was stationed in Wenatchee for the Red Cross during that fire that spread nearly across the state a few years back. A cool, little town.

Latest posts

Back