Humble 3 Car

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None of my neighbors are garage people. It gets boring around here.

It's been a couple weeks since I'd made any upgrades to the garage. Time fora new shelf. The wife said she'll help me paint it this weekend along with a few other things.

2012-10-31_19-40-01_31.jpg

Put up the clock that my lovely wife go me to go along with the Fridge.

2012-12-29_15-44-22_194_zpse5d11e59.jpg

I've contemplated buying a stop light, but I'm not sure what I'd do with it at this point. I don't know if the neighbors would appreciate it as a porch light! lol

My lake house neighbor has one and it was rigged to stay green when the alcohol was flowing and red when it was time for bed. Yellow meant hurry up because the booze was running out.

My lake house neighbor has one and it was rigged to stay green when the alcohol was flowing and red when it was time for bed. Yellow meant hurry up because the booze was running out.

Haha that's awesome. I've got a buddy who is really smart when it comes to PCB's and programming so I'm sure he could set something up like that. He helped me program my first mag. light and build a PCB for it, then I found out you can buy a per-programmed board for like $7 from China. It's a wonder the US is in the shape it's in. I try and support local business whenever possible and it's depressing when I find out someone over seas can offer the same service for a 1/3 the cost.

All the grandkids are getting the age for bikes and trikes. I may need it for traffic control in our driveway. LOL

Am I the only old guy to remember "Engineer Bill's "red light/green light" milk drinking contest?

Am I the only old guy to remember "Engineer Bill's "red light/green light" milk drinking contest?

Well I'm going to say I have no idea what you're talking about lol.

A great looking gift from Santa...
HO HO HO
I have one on the wall in my garage. It has a pcb inside so that it cycles like a normal traffic light. I like it. It took some good/strong mounting as those suckers are heavy!

I have one on the wall in my garage. It has a pcb inside so that it cycles like a normal traffic light. I like it. It took some good/strong mounting as those suckers are heavy!

This one is mostly pvc. It was in a town in Georgia. Got her at a swap/car meet and had to carry her out about a half mile to the car.

My buddy got him one too. His wife called me to say thank you, just what she had been wanting.:rolleyes:

I might have to add a heat source to the garage. It's just too freakin cold to be out there right now.

I have the same problem. I want AC as well.

I'm on the north side of the house facing north so with a fan in the summer I really don't notice the heat too much, but in the winter facing north isn't quite the blessing it is in the summer. Good thing it only usually lasts about 2 weeks here, which is why I've never bothered to look at heaters, but I'm going stir crazy inside the house right now.

Never thought of where it faces, my house is L shaped and my house faces West and the garage faces South or so. The garage in the summer never gets sun in the door which is great and my back yard in the summer gets the morning sun and afternoon shade which I like.

ME87 I find myself looking at your garage pics atleast every other week I am trying to get mine as organized az yours but I'm afraid I have to small of a garage with to much in it to make it happen at this point. You have done a great job with it!

Thank you. I take that as quite a compliment. It's all about using the space you've got. The wife and I got lucky on finding a 1650 sq. ft. house with a 3 car garage, otherwise I'd be in a 2 car as well and would have had to make some sacrifices on some of the larger tools (Sand blaster, Parts washer, giant band saw) Some of the things I've done to free up space are use the areas that have tons of space (Upper corners of the garage, walls, ceiling) and I have tried to stay away from buying too many pre-made cabinets and fixtures as they generally are nice looking, but take up too much space alone by themselves, that's one reason I built the full length shelf alone the entire front of the garage by the ceiling. I can store a ton of stuff up there, but the shelf itself doesn't take up much room so it doesn't appear to make the room smaller. I've also put the air compressor out back and all of my air lines on the walls and ceiling. I'm kinda amazed that I can still get 3 cars in there with the RZR if I so desire and still have a bit of room to work on one bench if I need to.

I have been putting up shelves which helps. I am going to end up with every square inch of walls covered in shelving.

Back