Humble 3 Car

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ME87

Reaction score
NW Corner

IMAG0459.jpg

SW Corner

IMAG0458.jpg

SE Corner

IMAG0457.jpg

NE Corner

IMAG0460.jpg

The trailer is only a temporary fixture until I get it completed at which time I have a bit more room. Right now I have to pull one or 2 cars out of the garage to get any real work done.

OK, I see a "Jeep Country" sign....so where and which type of jeep do you have?

OK, I see a "Jeep Country" sign....so where and which type of jeep do you have?

I've had a few in my short tenure.

2 CJ5's
1 CJ7

and currently the wife is driving a Cherokee

My first CJ
100_0544.jpg

Paid 700 for it stock and put some work into it. Had a lot of fun with this one.

Love the Gumby on the front bumper!

Gotta have a mascot. He resides on my truck now. He's had a hard life. I even had a girl steal him, and bribe me for a date to get him back. Lol. Good times in high school.

Hey ME87

I like those Jeeps too. Been restoring a 85cj7. Looks like a nice shop and hey we all have to move stuff out to work on things, what's new?:D

Yeah, my dad has a 73 with a factory 304 that we've put a bit of work into as well. He's owned about 10 jeeps. We've always got a few projects in motion from Model T's to lifted Jeeps.

I was spoiled as a kid as he always bought houses with 5-6 car garages.

The one above not long after it got brought home
PSJeeponSnowBank.jpg

The 83 when I brought it home. Needed some help as seen by the chain
100_1433.jpg

Most of the motor was in a 5 gallon bucket in the back when we towed it home. Found a bent push rod and after testing all the lifters and finding a bad one, we deduced it to be the culprit. Put a new lifter and rod in, girdled the top end as shown here (someone had really butchered the head bolt bosses somehow) Ran like a champ until I sold it

100_1458.jpg

The 73 that is getting some major rust repair done
IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

I sure love those old jeeps! I had a CJ5 that I sold to my neighbor years ago, and it's still running strong. He drives past my house all the time with a s#it eating grin just to rub it in!

Yeah, they're a lot of fun. I've yet to pay over 1000 for one and I've had fun in all of them including the wife's, which she paid 1$ for (Wasn't running when she got it either). My dad instilled a passion for cars into me, which I hope to pass on some day. My wife supports my addiction, so I'm a lucky man lol.

These are my latest projects. The white jeep was purchased at a tow yard auction, and was a great build. I have since given it to my son to keep for my little grandson.

The yellow jeep is a '04 TJ, and wanted to finally have a comfortable ride without not much needed work, except for a full fluid change, thermostat, and real main seal.

Yeah, the TJ's are a nice upgrade over the YJ and they have round headlights!. Plus, if you ever want install a long arm system, it's a pretty straight forward process. Just did the rear main on my wife's XJ last weekend. At least with the 4.0's you don't have to pull tranny.

Great looking paint job!

Great looking Jeep. Which motor?

I'll get a few more pictures of the garage this weekend when it's light out. The one pictured behind the green/yellow/grey CJ is my Dad's current shop. It's a 2 Car with an attached RV garge 12' Roll up and about 50 deep! that's also got an office attached to the back that he uses as a clean room for doing machine work (lathe/mill and press) His is below

IMG_0445.jpg

Couple of my toys

A band saw I scored for $100 on Craig's List, Just needs a new coolant reservoir. Everything else functions fine
IMAG0478.jpg

The welder shown is run on flux core until I can find time to go get a bottle. Until then I'm stuck using the Miller 350P at work :p

Table saw that I came out on top of by $85 after doing some trading for another larger table saw that I repaired
IMAG0479.jpg

Put some peg board up a couple weekends ago
IMAG0481.jpg

and a shelf I put up about 3 weeks ago that spans the front of the garage
IMAG0482.jpg

Small re-loading center to support that habit
IMAG0480.jpg

Haven't decided on a paint scheme yet, so until then everything is going up unpainted.

It is the good ol straight six, keeps on keeping on...:thumbsup:

New mirrors came in and installed them last night. The C7 mirrors just look weird or is it me?

One sticks out further than the other?

It is the good ol straight six, keeps on keeping on...:thumbsup:

New mirrors came in and installed them last night. The C7 mirrors just look weird or is it me?

One sticks out further than the other?

The 258ci is a great motor. You can't kill them. Let's see some pictures of the mirrors.

Small addition after black Friday today
IMAG0555.jpg

and had to tear into the motor on the CJ
IMAG0552.jpg

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving

Back