Humble 3 Car

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a great flake shaker. I just spread it like chicken feed, so there are thick and thin spots. That seems to work much better!

That is a great flake shaker. I just spread it like chicken feed, so there are thick and thin spots. That seems to work much better!

My neighbor used a hand held fertilizer spreader and it worked very well to. I think the advantage of that would be you could epoxy the whole floor and spread at the end, where as I had to spread as I went so if I saw any thin spots of epoxy I had to either epoxy over the chips or live with it.

Something similar to this
[ame]http://www.google.com/search?q=hand+held+fertilizer+spreader&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a[/ame]

Any thoughts on gray walls with an 18" wide red stripe about 48" up?

That is exactly what I want to do. If you do it, I'm sure to copy you as well!

I got the first wall painted tonight. I should be able to get the molding on tomorrow night and the red stripe and we'll see if I like it before continuing on. I should also be able to move my tools back to this bay after tomorrow so I can begin work on the middle bay floor.

I'm certain you will be taking pictures but what I would also like is to find out how much and what type of paint you used because as they say, "Inquiring minds want to know!"

I'm certain you will be taking pictures but what I would also like is to find out how much and what type of paint you used because as they say, "Inquiring minds want to know!"

Well my neighbor bought 5 gallons to do his garage and only used about 2.5 so he graciously donated the rest to me, so I'm working with 2.5 gallons and we'll see how that ends up. I'll get the specs tomorrow.

Hey ME 87 Looking good, how about a picture or two to update here?:thumbsup:

Well, the color is gray timber-wolf from Home Depot and the gloss is eggshell.

I should be able to tape the red stripe tomorrow and paint it. I've changed my plan on it. It's going to be 5' from the floor to the bottom of the stripe and 12" tall as opposed to original 18" idea.

2012-01-02_20-02-25_711.jpg

2012-01-02_20-02-37_366.jpg

Looking great! Get that red stripe on it! I also agree about narrowing the red stripe to 12".

ME87

Looks like a good color there. How many coats will it take for good coverage?

Also have you thought of doing a test stripe on a short wall just to be sure?;)

Maybe do a red and one in black just to see. The black would match your tool chests.

It is coming together and lookin good...

Chalk Line

2012-01-03_20-24-49_329.jpg

Tape Line

2012-01-03_20-32-30_640.jpg

Wet Paint 1

2012-01-03_21-31-07_470.jpg

Wet Paint 2

2012-01-03_21-31-17_904.jpg

Its a satin called "Cut Ruby" from Lowes. It drys a bit darker than it appears in the picture. It's about as perfect to what I wanted as I could ask for. I'm going to finish the gray to red transition with an 1/8" wide black pinstripe and think that should really make it pop. I also added the 4" base on the bottom. I'm very happy with how it's coming along

That really is looking great! The addition of the base really puts it together.

I have one suggestion. Get rid of that tennis ball "car stopper" and install a set of lasers, which turn on with the door opener, and times out in a few minutes. You set it to hit a specific spot on the dashboard and you will never get smacked in the face with that fuzzy ball!

Keep the pics coming please!

ME87

That stripe is looking super. Adding a black outline will really make it pop. Those neat car signs will look good on the new wall. Maybe put them on the side wall where they are seen better.

The black trim on floor is nice finishing touch.

What a great garage you have here and it is turning into a real show place.

Any next plans? :thumbsup:

Well future plans are moving my air compressor out back and running hard lines to a few places in the garage and I also need to get some power in there. 220V @ 100 amp should be sufficient. It's unfortunate that the garage was finished when we bought the home because I had 3 choices. Fight the battle of running cable down the walls from the unfinished attic, cut the drywall to bits, or do a nice job running external boxes with conduit, which I am going to do. Right now there is only one 110V outlet in the garage and that just won't do.

As clean as the garage is turning out, I'm certain the external wiring will look just as good.

Do you have a source for these lasers you speak of?

and does anyone know the do's and don'ts of putting a door over the area where my hot water heater is in the corner?

Just type in parking lasers and you will get a boatload of options. I purchased mine from Lowe's a few years ago, but they no longer stock them, but can be ordered on line.

Regarding water heater enclosures, in my area, you must fireproof the walls with drywall, and have adequate ventilation to the top and bottom of it. I would recommend jumping on http://www.plumbingforums.com for a definitive answer, because there are many experts there who know their stuff. It is also this same family who owns it, so expect to see me there as well!

Quantity:
$23.55 + $4.40 shipping
In Stock. Sold by Microfiber-Products-Online

or
Sign in to turn on 1-Click ordering.

More Buying Choices
The Price Pros Add to Cart
See price in cart
CosmeticMall Add to Cart
$28.00 + $2.90 shipping
13 new
Have one to sell? Sell yours here
Dual Car Laser Parking-Accurate Garage Parking Lasers
by Maxsa
3.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews) | Like (1)
List Price: $39.95
Price: $23.55
You Save: $16.40 (41%)
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Microfiber-Products-Online.
13 new
Product Features
Compatible with ANY Automatic garage door opener. Automatic ON/OFF Easy to install in just minutes activated by motion!
* No Wiring * No Tools * Hassle free * Motion Sensor Activated
Available option for (3) AA Battery Back-Up System
Easy Instructions and warranty for 90 days.
STOP guessing when to stop. STOP bumping into garage walls.

I've two garage doors. The main one the wife parks in is the original to the house opened by a Martin system (quiet and slow - but warrantied for life). The second door to "my" garage (added to the house) has a Chamberlin lift. I got two of the laser parkers from them. The one on the Chamberlin (wired into the opener) works when the car enters the garage and shuts off after a minute. The wifes opener was not compatable with the laser so I wired it through the supplied transformer and it is on/flashes all the time.

Thanks for the tips.

Got the middle bay cleaned today. Epoxy in the morning. One to go after that and just some painting to do!

Latest posts

Back