Humble 3 Car

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this going to be a kit to sell? I think it would do well if it is.

It could be but it would only fit a Tacoma Extra cab from this generation. The design is easily engouh changed to fit other models, but I'd need a truck for some time to do it. I have about a month of after work R&D into building this one. I also didn't do the costing so other than the coilovers, I'm not sure what it actually cost. Perks of the job, I guess.

Did you get lost? We had the search party out twice looking for you, they always get sidetracked anywhere there's bright lights and sparkly things.

I really like the Porsche, congrats!...

No, didn't get lost. Just been too busy to sit at home on the computer. Not sure when the last time I even turned it on was. Picked up the 944 about 2 weeks ago. Runs good, needs some maintenance and clean up but that's about it. Hopefully a stepping stone into a 944 Turbo. I've covered over 700 miles this year on the bikes already over 1200 since last August. Good stress relief, and something to work on in all my "free" time.

Glad you found us again buddy. Are you still doing your metal key holders and stuff?

Nice. I like the car. I don't know how you find time for bike riding. Or how you do it in the heat?

Glad you found us again buddy. Are you still doing your metal key holders and stuff?

Yeah, I think the last time I posted here I was still at the other shop. I have the same tools available to me still, just at a different shop.

Nice. I like the car. I don't know how you find time for bike riding. Or how you do it in the heat?

Gotta wake up early. I think last summer we'd get up about 4 A.M. and try and be off the trail by 7 or 8 at the latest.

I get up at 4am for work. I ain't getting up any earlier.

What ever happened to the model T?

Which one? I've still been driving the chit out of the speedster. Had our most recent race about 3 weeks ago in my home town.

I'm making slow progress on the touring. I've got just about enough stuff powder coated and painted that I'm going to be able to start going back together with it here pretty soon.

Also gave the Toyota some love last year. Went into the top end of the motor and checked everything out. Did some paint work with some custom engraving on the valve covers

and that stock intake just wasn't doing its part any more so I added a little blower to it......:)

Also got to visit a pretty nice garage last weekend. He's the president of our local T club. He's got about 40 T's and 91 cars total. Sorry about the rotation. Photobucket is being dumb.

One of his fire trucks. He has a few

The Porsche with black wheels just so I could see what it looked like. I'll probably powder coat the 15" phone dials that are on it black.

Got to go to the Long Beach Grand Prix a couple weeks ago and watch the race from the 15th floor of a hi rise condo over looking the race. First drift race I've seen in person as well.

Also, it was pretty cool being that this was the first time I've been back to Long Beach since I left in '97. The Grand Prix was the first car race I ever went to as a kid with my dad when I was about 5. That would have been around '93. Really enjoyed the entire weekend away and came home with car.

Got the primary bike back together. I was "shredding the gnar" too hard a couple weeks ago and ruined a rear wheel.

A picture of yesterday's ride.

Yeah, we usually see about 1 per ride in the summer if we're on the trails in the morning. We ride a local bike path at night and it's not un-usual to see 3-4 laying on the path.

This is where we ended up this weekend.

Also did a short ride on Sunday with the wife (her first MTB ride)
We didn't break any speed records but the view was better than normal

Yeah, it's been on my bucket list and a deal came up so we jumped on it. Only have about 10 states to cover and I'll have visited all 50.

Back