Humble 3 Car

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit more progress today. Might be able to make another short drive tomorrow. Have about 3 hours of work to make it road worthy again.

Well I've decided to sell the WRX. Already bought a big boy truck to replace it.

Congrats, you will love that truck, I know I do. Is that the SLT or the laramie? 05 or 06? Wheels look like an 05 and the 06 Laramie has a different bumper.

You will probably want to jump on some traction bars, these things get horrible wheel hop.

Here is mine after the leveling kit, don't mind the mess.

View attachment photo.jpg

It's a late '04 so it has the higher output motor. It's a Laramie Sport. Already has a leveling kit on it, if it needs traction bars they'll be coming from http://www.pmfsuspension.com/ Truck is bone stock as far as the drivetrain, which was my biggest concern. If it's going to get worked over, I want to be the one to do it.

Take it out to the dirt and gas it, that will tell you right away if you need them. I bought mine in the middle of hunting season and was disappointed on the washboard roads. Couldn't get traction to save my life and I wasn't screwing around, that was just trying to move.

I am the same way that if it is gonna get anything I want to be the one to do it. I've done Banks exhaust so far and my leveling kit with new shocks. Don't know how far I want ot go with this one, it already has more power than I need.

How many miles on yours?

111K miles and no leaks that I can tell.

I just hit 140.

Pickup up an 04 Today for another work truck but it's got the hemi and is a single cab.

Made it all the way to work in the T yesterday.

I left at Daylight to avoid traffic, sure was cold, but no issues and the car ran great.

We need a picture on the freeway doing 70 mph?

We need a picture on the freeway doing 70 mph?

The engine and gear box would probably do that, but the tires would fall off and I'd **** my pants long before that.

Somebody else who needs to give us an update. How's the T coming along?

I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off between work and extra curricular activities. Took the car on it's first endurance run about 2 weeks ago. We had 22 cars and went 127 miles. Wickenburg to Prescott and back.

Thats awesome, anyone have any issues?

2 cars broke down the day before the race and 3 had issues the day of. My card did well. Came in 2nd to last because we ran way too fast. We averaged roughly 40 mph the whole trip and I drove slow on the last leg to try and gain some time.

No work on the garage recently, but I've been busy with the cars and jobs. Started a new job officially in October so it's kept me on my toes.

Going to pick this up this weekend from Texas

Finished the rear 4 Link on the Tacoma

With the bed back on

From inside the bed

Bout time you showed up, Havasu was just putting his boots on and forming a rescue party. Well, he thought it was just a party...;)

About time you showed up in here!

That is a super awesome link setup, I love how you kept the bed. Most of the time everyone just fills the bed with tube.

Yep, it was 100% my goal to make it as bolt on as possible just in case I wanted to change anything and to keep the bed as much as possible, which I pretty much accomplished. It rides like a dream as well.

Sad part is, it still all has to come back apart to be prepped and powder coated.

Back