Humble 3 Car

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love it here, just a bit warm at times.

Tile got finished up last night and the hole I had to put int he wall to do the plumbing for the utility sink is now gone.

Just have to do a final wet mop and clean some grout off the walls.

Nice job Allen. What type of wet saw do you have?

Nice job Allen. What type of wet saw do you have?

Did not do the tile myself. I think I could have done it, but it would have taken me 6 months. Finally broke down and paid someone to do it. Not sure what type of saw he used.

anyone have any experience with bathroom re-models? That's next. I know what I want to do, just not quite sure how to accomplish it. Usually I just take a hammer and start knocking things down until I feel like I've gone far enough. I'll post up some pictures later.

They are pretty easy to remodel, if you have any plumbing question come over to Plumbingforums.com most of us mods are there too.

Yep, plumbingforums.com is your best bet. if you decide not, I've remodeled 6-7 of them and I know Chris has as well.

I basically want to rip out the counter that is there and install his and her sinks on different counters with some custom cabinets and then I want to take out the tub and shower insert and install a giant shower.

It's doable, no doubt. The only thing I have never done myself is to install new venting and drains for the sinks.

Draw up what you want versus what you have and we willbe able to tell you exactly what you need to do.

It's doable, no doubt. The only thing I have never done myself is to install new venting and drains for the sinks.

The good part about that is the plumbing already exists for the 2 sinks in exactly the same places I want them so that's pretty straight forward. I meant to take a few pictures this morning before work, but I did not remember.

Are the drains both vented, or do you have one single vent for both sinks?

They run into the walls at separate places so I'm not sure what they did back behind the drywall, but being a 5 year old home I guesses they built them to code with 2 vents?

I would hope so. A quick peak in the attic or looking for exposed vents on the roof would solve many unanswered questions.

So here is the master bath which I currently hate.

Dual sink countertop, but being a base model home they only installed 1 sink even though the plumbing is already there for both.

Door off the back left corner to the toilet

Dividing wall between the shower insert and the tub

Shower insert and window

My thoughts are to remove the dividing wall and pull out the tub and shower insert and make a giant shower with a closet for towels and linens for the master bedroom and things. For the other side, I want to remove the long counter and install 2 individual counters and sinks with a cabinet or something in the middle for more general toiletries for the master bath. Thoughts?

It's amazing how cheap builders can be to save that hundred bucks when building. Especially if they plumbed it for two unless it was requested for only one.

No progress on the bathroom yet, however my wife did paint my office. She's awesome.

Next immediate projects are to put the head back on the T and to dig a hole in the back yard for a new tree. Going to be a 24" box Desert Museum Palo Verde to match my other one.

Got the 2nd tree planted last weekend.

and got the T running again.

Had to modify the exhaust manifold so that I could put the intake in exactly the stock location so that the newly acquired Stromberg carb. would fit. I'll likely build a new intake and exhaust some day, but for now I just want to get the car running and driveable so I can get a few miles under its belt.

Also put a different head on as I was having head gasket issues with the other one I was running.

After a hew hot laps this afternoon

Back