Humble 3 Car

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't get any shots of the actual assembly process but I welded together and put up my TV mount in the garage today.

2012-05-30_20-46-21_40.jpg

2012-05-30_21-16-53_853.jpg

2012-05-30_21-16-41_98.jpg

Still have to mount the box to the wall and tidy up a few wires and run a receptacle up above the TV in the ceiling.

I went with a CRT over a flat screen because I heard the LCD and Plasmas don't survive a freeze (and I had two extra CRT's). Then I installed a heater and keep the garage warm in the winter (45-50 deg.). One of these days I'll upgrade to a flat screen.

Your place is starting to look like the ideal vacation spot for many of us!

I went with a CRT over a flat screen because I heard the LCD and Plasmas don't survive a freeze (and I had two extra CRT's). Then I installed a heater and keep the garage warm in the winter (45-50 deg.). One of these days I'll upgrade to a flat screen.

Your place is starting to look like the ideal vacation spot for many of us!

Yeah, my garage will never hit freezing especially with the water heater in it so that wasn't an issue. That's why I love Tucson, plus Best Buy had 32" LED's on sale for 250 so I upgraded the bedroom and took the 26" LCD to the garage.

Looks like a great spot and not in harms way, enjoy and post up when you get finished.

Yeah, I got the new plug installed last night. I'll post some more pictures when I get the cable box mounted below the T.V. Hopefully I'll be able to design the mount and cut it Monday. Tomorrow I'm putting 220 and some real 110 power in the garage.

Looks good. Does the lower box come with the TV bracket, or was it an extra cost?

Ummm I designed and manufactured it all so it cost me about 20 min of my time lol. There are perks to working in a machine shop with fancy toys.

OK, now I'm really impressed!

Did you get a pic of the mount you built before installing?

Can you describe how you made it looks good!

Thanks

I actually wanted to see the build as well.

Didn't really get any shots of the assembly processes, but here are a couple renderings of the CAD files that shows all the pieces. The transparent portion is the TV and I unbolted the factory base from the bracket and bolted on my Box hanger.

BedroomTVMountAssembly1.jpg

BedroomTVMountAssembly2.jpg

Added another nice tool to the garage today.

JD2 Model 3 Bender with 2 sets of smaller square dies, degree ring, and stand. $175

2012-06-17_17-02-46_254.jpg

Craig's List is still the best place to buy tools.

That is more then a killer deal. I have the same bender and love the thing but sadly I bought mine new after searching CL for months with no luck.

No not yet. Probably won't in it's current state until I make a hydraulic adapter for it, as I don't want to drill into the garage floor since it's post tension concrete.

I thought of pouring concrete in sonatube buried in my planter next to my garage just to keep it out of the way. Just a thought? But the hydraulic would be nice.

Got a new toy today.

2012-06-23_20-31-03_50.jpg

I guess I'll be building a stand with castors that matches the one I built for the parts washer. I don't want to use this thing on the ground. Already put it to good use.

2012-06-23_19-08-28_209.jpg

2012-06-23_20-31-28_352.jpg

and my buddy said I didn't have a big enough American flag in the garage so I fixed that

2012-06-23_20-31-48_721.jpg

Done

This should put it at a good working height, I'll use the same castors as on the parts washer build and I've still gone some expanded metal to put on the bottom where I can set the shop vac. for dust collection, and I think I may have an extra light laying around that I can install in the box since this model didn't have one.

SandBlasterCart.jpg

Latest posts

Back