Humble 3 Car

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol. I don't have kids running around yet, but that's about it. And besides everything I do is usually on the cheap.

How do you like the blaster? I have thought about getting one but don't want more stuff in the garage.

I think it's a great product for the price. I have thousands of the Harbor Freight 20% off coupons from magazines so when you count that in, the price is even better.

Ran into work and cut out the trays, stopped at H.F. for the castors, and came home and assembled it all this morning.

2012-06-24_12-56-58_147.jpg

2012-06-24_14-06-36_729.jpg

2012-06-24_14-10-09_711.jpg

and I've been making some slow progress on the car.

2012-06-24_15-21-21_912.jpg

I'd give up my left nut to have an old car like that one to restore.

You'd probably give up both. Not like you need them.

What year is that one?

It's a '23 that I picked up from my dad. It was his car when I was younger, I have some good memories riding around in it. We both kinda got out of this hobby as I got older in favor of 4x4's. He's now back into working on his '21 touring and I inherited all the parts to put a bare bones speedster together. More sentimental value in this car than anything for me, so I'm not really sure what could be worth some day, but model T's really aren't that expensive. It's just a welcome change from working on 4x4's, which I eventually made my profession.

My dad had a 27 Model T that was in parts when I was a kid ready for a rebuild but he just left it at our house when he sold it years ago. I was disappointed.

That's unfortunate. I just really enjoy how simple it all is so I can go out in the garage and just work on it for a while and relax without having to work too hard.

Yeah, had 50 thousand original miles on that car when we sold it.

Picked up an 18" X 18" piece of 3/8" plate at work today. Should serve as a good temporary welding table until I can figure out exactly what I wan to build. I'm fairly indecisive on this project still.

photobucket-31005-1341375788129.jpg

photobucket-30555-1341375787641.jpg

With a post on the bottom, I can just mount it on a stand for now.

A project that I'm finishing up for a customer.

photobucket-30894-1341375788630.jpg

Thats a sweet fish. Do you guys laser cut the metal?

Yes sir. Nice tool to have at the ready.

Found 3 of these on CL today for $65 each.

2012-07-07_19-20-15_220.jpg

2 of them are already on the wall as you can see.

I have been debating on getting myself some of those. How do you like em?

They are good quality. I don't think I could ever justify paying full retail for them, but that's just me. It's nice that they are modular and can easily be removed if you decide to move or you want to shift them to a different spot.

Latest posts

Back