It's Friday, what are your plans for the weekend?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's sooooo hard leaving the mountains to go home.

It's my Friday today, tomorrow I hop on a plane to Boston then midweek I hop on a plane to Florida then I will come back and go straight to the mountain house and sit on the lake til after the 4th. Happy vacation to me...

Good for you Chris, have a great time. Hope you like hanging out with the dang yankess. Why anyone would leave Cali for FLA is beyond me tho. Beep the horn when you go over TN and I'll wave.

We go to FL for the humidity, we already have the heat but we don't get swamp *** as much. I'd like to visit a place where I have to take a shower to dry off.

Have a great time Chris, and Happy Birthday to ya on Saturday!

This has been one crappy day, it's noon and I am about to leave the office and forget about work when I get a call from my super and he has a leak he can't fix on a 2" copper line, they soldered it three times and still suck at it. I had to drive the hour to go solder a pipe all while I have five employees doing nothing. I get there and they had this job such a cluster I just now got back to my office and have a bid I have to get out before I leave. guess I will be packing til midnight.

That sucks, Chris. I'd be pretty pissed off in that situation.

I'm planning to yank out my old rusty Kenmore garbage disposal and replace it with an Insinkerator Evolution compact model. I hope that I can get the old one detached without breaking anything. I'll have to make sure I have some spare connections available just in case. I wish that had the confidence to drill through the wall to connect the sink to the plumbing vent properly instead of having an S-trap. Of course, this hinges on getting the sink cleared first. People have been dumping dirty dishes in the sink and not washing them and my brother poured spoiled milk into the side that doesn't drain. I'll have to glove up and give it a thorough cleaning.

Around midnight I'll have to start googling videos on safe removal and installation. The fun part will be getting everything hooked up properly to the plumbing. I think I will take some parts I got from a plastic P-trap kit to try to get the right slope and put it together the way that was recommended in a photo (with the garbage disposal sharing a P-trap with the other side of the sink).

Good luck zanne. It's not as hard as you think.

Just don't forget to bang out the plug on the disposal if you are also hooking it up to a dishwasher.

That would suck, wondering why it ain't working.

Aren't you suppose to be on a plane about now?

Yep, the two of them, flying off into the sunset, wishing each other a happy birthday.

For the record, the company jet ran out of fuel in Wisconsin and Austin is wearing the tutu first since his birthday is today, tomorrow is my day for the tutu. We really need to get rid of these milk crates and get some seats in this old POS.

It's amazing how things turn so much greener and wetter as you fly accross the county. I stared out tge window for about five hours, tge good old US is a neat place. Not nearly as populated as California makes it seem.

Back