It's Friday, what are your plans for the weekend?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope the hot fudge didn't hurt you too much! ;)

I think I'm going to take another crack at the garbage disposal today. I got my wrench back, although I don't know if that will help. I had put some puppy training pads down on the floor to catch any water that dripped and to also make a softer surface for me to kneel/sit on when I was working. One of my cats-- most likely my eldest one-- peed on it. I actually sort of expected that from her.

I wonder if my wrench will be able to help turn that stupid ring. It really is a shame about the rust. I think someone with better mechanical skills might be able to get that disposal working again-- after a thorough cleaning.

meanwhile, I got a chirping cat toy to entertain my one-eyed cat so she will hopefully leave my computer mouse alone. On a weird side note, back when computer mice used track balls, the US mice had larger balls than UK mice.

On a weird side note, back when computer mice used track balls, the US mice had larger balls than UK mice.

I personally blame it on the toxins in our soil! :rockin:

LOL. Now I have the song "I've Got Big Balls" from AC/DC in my head.

Yeppers!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUaf5gNiUwM[/ame]

On a weird side note, back when computer mice used track balls, the US mice had larger balls than UK mice.

Well...there's another idea of things I can do when I retire. Go around and measure mouse balls. never occured to me anybody would be interested...:p

I'm sure this defunct government would give you a few million $$'s for that research.

Yall do know its only tuesday right.........

I just developed this picture of Chris' side job, using one of his tractors. I'm thinking he wants to retire soon!

Man thats just really crazy...he doesn't even have a hard hat on...:rolleyes:

So, I'm trying to figure out how to get a replacement snap ring for my garbage disposal since I bent the one when trying to get it on. Just got off the phone with the official parts store. 27 cents for the part; $10.95 for shipping.... WTF...

The part isn't listed on ebay or amazon or homedepot. I found one other website that had it for 22 cents but $15 shipping.

Insinkerator gave these instructions on installing the snap ring
In placing the snap connect fitting, first you need to place the discharge tube into the Anti-Vibration Tailpipe Mount. Secure it with the Spring Type Hose Clamp and we suggest that you grasp (with a cotton fabric)the end of the clamp until you will be able to insert it from the Anti-Vibration Tailpipe Mount

Only there was no spring type hose clamp.... And I think they are describing the wrong part of assembly because that's not what the printed instructions said...

So, I'm trying to figure out how to get a replacement snap ring for my garbage disposal since I bent the one when trying to get it on. Just got off the phone with the official parts store. 27 cents for the part; $10.95 for shipping.... WTF...

The part isn't listed on ebay or amazon or homedepot. I found one other website that had it for 22 cents but $15 shipping.

Insinkerator gave these instructions on installing the snap ring

Only there was no spring type hose clamp.... And I think they are describing the wrong part of assembly because that's not what the printed instructions said...

Yep, that doesn't make sense. You are asking about apples and they are describing oranges.

Yup today is Friday, I'm in Florida now. Should have stayed up north for many reasons.

The upside is, I called their help line and said which step I was on and read the instructions verbatim and that while following said instructions, the snap ring bent. The woman in India told me that they will just send me the part for free.

I think whoever sent the e-mail was dyslexic because they listed step 21 on the instructions. I was on steps 12 and 13.

But I'm happy to be getting the part for free-- even if it will take 5 to 7 business days.

I think I'll hold stuff in place while I have someone else put the snap ring on. I do not have very dexterous hands. I'm probably going to have to redo the putty, but that's ok. It's like Play Doh so its fun.

Meanwhile, I think I'll try to figure out how many sq ft of self-leveling flooring I need to pour and try to figure out how to get just the right amount out of the bag and the right amount of water. The new mix requires a metal or plastic lath so I will probably use some chickenwire that is lying around.

And now I'm suddenly seeing stars and I have no idea why.

The upside is, I called their help line and said which step I was on and read the instructions verbatim and that while following said instructions, the snap ring bent. The woman in India told me that they will just send me the part for free.

I think whoever sent the e-mail was dyslexic because they listed step 21 on the instructions. I was on steps 12 and 13.

But I'm happy to be getting the part for free-- even if it will take 5 to 7 business days.

I think I'll hold stuff in place while I have someone else put the snap ring on. I do not have very dexterous hands. I'm probably going to have to redo the putty, but that's ok. It's like Play Doh so its fun.

Meanwhile, I think I'll try to figure out how many sq ft of self-leveling flooring I need to pour and try to figure out how to get just the right amount out of the bag and the right amount of water. The new mix requires a metal or plastic lath so I will probably use some chickenwire that is lying around.

And now I'm suddenly seeing stars and I have no idea why.

If you need some flooring help, check out the link in my signature.

I think, this Friday, I will just get on the mother ship and go to my home planet for the weekend. :cool:

Back