It's Friday, what are your plans for the weekend?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SO..where the hell are you Chris?

Thanks guys. The dishwasher is a standalone one that we move around and use as a semi-portable island. It hooks to the sink faucet when in use, but most of the time its not hooked up. It doesn't really wash the dishes very well so I basically use it as a drying rack. Although, dishes are not on the list of chores I'm supposed to do-- that's on my brother. Which is why they haven't been done since last year (except for my own dishes and stuff I wash for my mother). I'm hoping to see if I can take a crack at it today. I think I'm going to get an empty tub and pile the dirty stuff in it and scrub the sink out and then wash them after the new disposal is in. I'll have to figure out how to hardwire the disposal in. The wire is already there from the previous one. I downloaded a couple of videos but still need to watch them.

Hope you're having fun with the flying. I always liked having the aisle seat rather than window seat. Every time I had the window seat I was over the wing and couldn't see anything. I was on some long international flights quite a few times. I wonder if Continental airlines still sucks as much as I remember. LOL.

Today I am in Taunton, MA. Had tge best Bloody Mary and hash omelet I have ever had. Nice weather and a good day so far. Staying at a house that sits about 40 feet off tge lake so may do some fishing today.

In case you are too lazy to look up these food hot spots...

Frates Drive-In
Frates Drive-In
#1 of 111 restaurants in Taunton
5 of 5 stars 65 reviews
“Great place to take the whole fami...” 06/17/2014
“Awesome food and atmosphere” 06/16/2014
Price: $8
Cuisines: American
Map | Visitor photos (17) | Menu
Colonial Donut Shop

#2 of 111 restaurants in Taunton
5 of 5 stars 13 reviews
“Best coffee & doughnuts around” 05/28/2014
“Best neighborhood coffee shop” 05/28/2014
Map
DeVito's Pizzeria

#3 of 111 restaurants in Taunton
5 of 5 stars 7 reviews
“FABULOUS!!!!” 12/06/2013
“Great Food, Great People!” 11/02/2013
Map
The Ugly Duckling Restaurant & Bar

#4 of 111 restaurants in Taunton
4.5 of 5 stars 6 reviews
“Great little spot” 05/28/2014
“Pleasantly Surprised” 03/09/2014
Map | Visitor photos (3)
Kyrdinos Pizza

#5 of 111 restaurants in Taunton
5 of 5 stars 6 reviews
“Best pizza shop” 04/01/2014
“BEST PIZZA AROUND!” 09/01/2013
Cuisines: Pizza
Map | Menu
El Mariachi
El Mariachi
#6 of 111 restaurants in Taunton
4 of 5 stars 49 reviews
“Good food, reasonable price” 06/10/2014
“If you like Mexican food - try El...” 05/29/2014
Price: $10 - $15
Cuisines: Mexican
Map | Visitor photos (3) | Menu
Copper Fountain Grille

#7 of 111 restaurants in Taunton
4 of 5 stars 11 reviews
“Really Nice Place, Service Excelle...” 05/19/2014
“Nice place to relax” 03/14/2014
Map
Simon Say's

#8 of 111 restaurants in Taunton
4.5 of 5 stars 8 reviews
“Quick and Friendly” 03/25/2014
“A cozy warm Treasure in Tauton” 04/20/2013
Price: $8
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse
Map
Joe's Diner

#9 of 111 restaurants in Taunton
4.5 of 5 stars 6 reviews
“Great Food Fast” 12/05/2013
“Great for late nite snacks!” 11/17/2013
Cuisines: Diner
Map
HomePlate
HomePlate
#10 of 111 restaurants in Taunton
4 of 5 stars 26 reviews
“Good food, family friendly atmosph...” 05/29/2014
“Good food, friendly staff!” 04/15/2014
Price: $5 - $10
Cuisines: American
Map | Visitor photos (1) | Menu
Hong Kong City

#11 of 111 restaurants in Taunton
4 of 5 stars 23 reviews
“Decent Sushi and Chinese” 12/17/2013
“Decent option but far from the bes...” 06/05/2014
Cuisines: Chinese
Map | Menu

Thanks we went out on the ocean today and did some relaxing and then bbq some burgers. People sure do talk funny round here.

So do them Texans.

Today we are at a fire truck parade.

Well, that sounds fun for a minute or two.....:D

The parade was ok for a minute and tgen they did some competitions that were fun. We left early to go make bloody Mary's and party at the wife's cousins place. Good times.

Thanks for the link, olddog. Man, I am actually glad to hear Continental is gone. The only decent flight I found with them was the one from Guam to Saipan-- which took 45 minutes total. Their international flights had the rudest flight attendants, horrible seats, and they overbooked a LOT. I was on one flight where they overbooked by over 120 people. It's no wonder they are gone.

Well, I attempted to remove the old garbage disposal but it didn't want to come off. I forgot that a lot of my tools are over at my friend's house. The videos made it look so easy. The metal ring was rusted and wouldn't rotate no matter how much I pushed on it. The disposal itself did rotate. I at least got it detached from the plumbing. I'm going to have to go pick up some of my tools and see if I can figure out how to remove the damn thing without damaging the sink. I'm tempted to just see if I can pry the disposal itself loose and then unscrew the flange. I'm also trying to figure out what to do with the ground wire. Its actually coated in plastic and the end is very frayed. It's just hanging loose under the sink. I think I should anchor it to something, but I'm not sure what.

Chris, I'm glad that I have a laptop so I can turn it sideways and get a good look at that picture. Beautiful!

Yeah my stupid phone won't let me rotate or post more than one at a time.

Today we are going to cape cod and maybe block island, well see. I feel like I have been drunk for three days already.

View attachment chris.jpg

Ahh, my stiff neck is now gone. Look Mr. Admin, I'm not spending my entire day correcting your sideways photos, so get it together, buster! :D

Whats her number?

We went to P-town today and Holy Hell I have never seen so many gay people in one place. They were wearing funny stuff dancing around. Never before have I been to a beach town where I could buy a shirt for a baby that says "I love my two gay dads". We totally didn't fit in.

Ate lunch at a place called Moby Dicks and had a scallop sandwich and the wife had a crab cake sandwich with a water and the bill was 44 bucks.

So you go to a gay beach, then go to a restaurant called Moby's Dick? Something you want to tell us, fellow? :eek:

Did you wear your new "Rainbow Speedos?"

View attachment gay.jpg

I did.

Went for an ice cream at a place called Friendly's, I'm even starting to wonder about me.

Back