It's Friday, what are your plans for the weekend?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup today is Friday, I'm in Florida now. Should have stayed up north for many reasons.

Hey, I use to live there, wondered why you or anyone would want to go there...just my :2cents:

I think, this Friday, I will just get on the mother ship and go to my home planet for the weekend. :cool:

When you get there, can you stop at the hardware store and see if they have a snap ring retainer for zanes garbage disposal?

They are suppose to be installing the new kitchen cabinets on Friday. Looks like take out pizza will me on my menu for the time being.

Chris is in fl, go hang out on his veranda, he has cold beer on tap. (;

That's a great idea. Chris won't mind. Maybe I will take out his tractors for a joy ride.

Work on his Cherokee for him and I bet all will be forgiven...

If you finish the front of the XJ you can drink all my tap beer, sit in my air conditioned house and watch my TV.

In other news we are flying back to Rhode Island in the morning. That was a 1500 dollar decision that I only agreed on because it is 97 here with 180% humidity.

If you finish the front of the XJ you can drink all my tap beer, sit in my air conditioned house and watch my TV.

In other news we are flying back to Rhode Island in the morning. That was a 1500 dollar decision that I only agreed on because it is 97 here with 180% humidity.

You're lucky you didn't go down there when it was hot...;)

So--it's been a while since I've stopped in. See I missed Chris in Florida. Where abouts were U Chris? Sounds like SOUTH Florida. It is warm here but humidity not too bad here in north central Florida.

Got the engine for my 39 done. 383 stroker, Howards Roller cam, roller rockers, fuel injected with 58MM throttle body. Custom built aluminum fuel cell. All fuel lines are braided stainless PTFE. Aeromotive in-tank Stealth fuel pump to pressure regulator. Dual feed lines for stock fuel rails.

Also the chassis is complete with brake, fuel and air lines run bleed.

Gettin there;)

View attachment 01A-Tank Mounted1.jpg

View attachment 01A-Tank Mounted2.jpg

View attachment 01A-done-frt.jpg

View attachment 01A-done1.jpg

Beautiful work so far. Keep us posted with the progress!

I was in Jacksonville and lawty the weather wasn't horrible but compared to ca it was bad. I was supposed to be there til Monday but family issues let us go back up north today

We are back in mass for the weekend with beautiful weather, it is 68 and nice out now.

This is officially my most expensive vacation to date.

My daughter has over 13,000 miles in the sky and is not even two yet. She is a great flyer.

I just now finally got the picture to load of the guy with the ladders up in the tree.. WTF... That belongs on a fail blog somewhere. So much wrong with that.

I was told that my paternal grandfather-- who was a very large man back in those days-- was on a ladder that was on the roof of the porch so he could reach up higher. I think he was painting. The ladder apparently slid off and fell to the ground while standing upright and started to tip back. My grandmother reached out the window and grabbed the ladder to pull it back toward the house so it wouldn't fall over and land on my grandfather. It was a wooden ladder and, according to the story, he ended up falling straight down through the ladder while breaking every single rung on the way down. I don't know if there was any truth to that story, but I always found it amusing. I'm thinking it is actually BS but it has some amusing mental imagery.

Rusty, thanks for the link. I'll go sign up.

The weather here has been pretty crappy. It was really pouring rain hard yesterday. I was just leaving the store with a few groceries. There were people standing inside waiting for the rain to let up and I knew it would be awhile so I shouted "Once more into the breach!" and dashed out. I got totally drenched. The bottoms of my pantlegs are still wet from yesterday. My dryer decided to stop working so I couldn't throw them in. But we are no longer out of soy sauce so it was worth it. Right now there is loud thunder and its been raining. It doesn't play nicely with my satellite internet. And its hot so I've been sweating like crazy. Hot humid weather sucks.

My sister lives in New Mexico where it is nice and dry but she goes to Florida once per year to go to Disneyworld. She has some sort of timeshare thing or something. She took my mother a couple of years ago.

Last night I got free breadsticks because we are temporarily housing a friend who works at Pizza Hut. He's the one who is going to help me with the snap ring when it arrives.

Ooh, pretty clouds and sky.

Latest posts

Back